Strange air traffic?

Batesmotel

14 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Anyone seeing/hearing unusual military air traffic?

Sounds like F35s low fast and loud right over the city and I didn’t see nav lights. They don’t do this. 

i live by MKE and the 128th Air Refueling Wing and they are coming and going more often, i Assume its for Inauguration reasons.

• Like 1

I live right by FT Wainwright i can see the helicopters take off and come back they started last night around 7pm still going in and out at 10 this morning. Its starting to get annoying listening to them. 10 below they let them run for about 30 minutes before leaving. Headed out towards  chena hot springs road. Do believe they have some training site out there. Nothing from Eilson where they got jets though. Not that we have any thing to riot about around here except gas going up 10 cents overnight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hook said:

I live right by FT Wainwright i can see the helicopters take off and come back they started last night around 7pm still going in and out at 10 this morning. Its starting to get annoying listening to them. 10 below they let them run for about 30 minutes before leaving. Headed out towards  chena hot springs road. Do believe they have some training site out there. Nothing from Eilson where they got jets though. Not that we have any thing to riot about around here except gas going up 10 cents overnight.

I have to deal with the choppers running to the platforms here. Some days are worse than others depending on weather. How cold and which way the breeze is blowing. They are louder when it's colder, and when the breeze is out of the northwest it's like they are next door. Then you have the cowboy pilots that think buzzing through at housetop level is cool. 

• Like 2

The county airport is only several crow-miles away,  and there are occasionally a couple of biplanes that buzz around here.  They make a very distinctive drone. 

But,  you don't hear them and look up,  you hear them and look up thirty minutes later.  It takes them ten minutes to fly over our house.  They are usually very low.  Sometimes they wave back.