Eric

01-13-21: Site Moving Update

The problem I ran into last night is proving difficult to get past. I am not going to attempt the move again until I get past this. I will announce before I do. Tonight is the last night before I have to pay for another month's hosting of this server, so I went ahead and paid it. I really hated having to, but them's the breaks.

I'll post an update when I have figured this issue out. I will let everyone know when I remember to attempt the move again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

We just spent about $65,000 to keep a legacy backup system running for another four months until the one product it backs up...gets move to the cloud.

Sadly, thems the breaks as you said.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Eric said:

The problem I ran into last night is proving difficult to get past. I am not going to attempt the move again until I get past this. I will announce before I do. Tonight is the last night before I have to pay for another month's hosting of this server, so I went ahead and paid it. I really hated having to, but them's the breaks.

I'll post an update when I have figured this issue out. I will let everyone know when I remember to attempt the move again.

Thank you sir.  Sorry it hasn't proved as easy as thought.  We're ALL rootin for ya!!!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

We just spent about $65,000 to keep a legacy backup system running for another four months until the one product it backs up...gets move to the cloud.

Sadly, thems the breaks as you said.

Suddenly the cloud doesn’t seem quite the problem solver it seemed to be a month ago. Now appears that many offering cloud services no longer consider their binding agreements binding. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Suddenly the cloud doesn’t seem quite the problem solver it seemed to be a month ago. Now appears that many offering cloud services no longer consider their binding agreements binding. 

When you use the cloud you are really the product.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

• Haha 2

Not to worry..  If its going to be down a bit just send out a text on Parler!!!   :)