House votes to impeach President Trump for a second time

pipedreams

"The resolution was approved by a vote of 232-197 after all Democratic members of the House and 10 Republicans voted in favor of impeaching the president.

The 10 Republicans who approved the resolution were Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), Dan Newhouse (Wash.), Jaime Herrera Beutler, (Wash.), Adam Kinzinger (Ill.), John Katko (N.Y.), Fred Upton (Mich.), and Peter Meijer (Mich.), Tom Rice (S.C.), Anthony Gonzalez (Ohio), and David Valadao (Calif.)"

https://www.theblaze.com/news/house-impeaches-trump-again?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM 2021-01-13&utm_term=ACTIVE LIST - TheBlaze Daily PM

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, NPTim said:

My understanding is that the earliest the senate can take it up is 20Jan2021 at 1300 hrs. I don’t think civilians can be removed or barred.

I've heard that it's not specifically mentioned in The Constitution.

Pelosi probably already has the pens, shirts, hats, and jackets already printed up.

• Like 3

All about the 2024 election...

”The Constitution allows for two types of punishments for a president found guilty of an impeachable offense: “Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.”

“The first punishment, removal from office, is automatically enforced following a two-thirds guilty vote. But the second punishment, disqualification from holding any future government position, requires a separate Senate vote. In this case, only a simple majority is required to ban the impeached president from any future government office for life. That second vote has never been held since no president has been found guilty in the Senate trial.”

And getting to that second vote will be easy if the impeachment is upheld. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

That's why it is all grandstanding.

Very much, so.   It should not stand in the senate (as a case)  but more importantly the senate is not going to return until after Biden has been in office for about an hour.

This was a waste of time.

• Like 3

So now it is official. The Dumbassocrats have wasted the entire 4 years of the Trump administration trying to get rid of him instead of doing their ******* JOBS!

Pelosi and Schumer are the ones that should be impeached!

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NPTim said:

My understanding is that the earliest the senate can take it up is 20Jan2021 at 1300 hrs. I don’t think civilians can be removed or barred.

That is correct.  But, I don't expect facts to stand in the way of this mob.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/democrats-cannot-impeach-trump-and-you-cant-impeach-him-after-leaving-office-dershowitz_3650853.html

Democrats Cannot Impeach Trump, and You Can’t Impeach Him After Leaving Office: Dershowitz

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Democrats have virtually no chance of successfully impeaching and removing President Donald Trump before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

Dershowitz, who defended Trump during the Senate impeachment trial about a year ago, suggested that the Constitution does not allow for impeaching a former president.

“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

They fear that we will elect him again in 2024.

Since the Senate isn't going to find him guilty by a 2/3 majority, this is all just a hoax; full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

This trial is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.

Edited by ChuteTheMall
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

Well, now, will Pelosi sit on it until Trump has been replaced by what’s his face?

She is so full of hate for Trump she will push the impeachment with all of her power.  She is still full of hate and a need for revenge for Clinton being impeached. 

She is trying to teach the lesson that her power exceeds that of the President and she wants everyone to know it.  She's a Megalomaniac.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Wonder if any of those Republicans honestly believe Trump committed an impeachable offense. Or are they Rinos. Or are they frightened afraid of losing their cushy jobs or worse... maybe not even getting high paid directors and/or lobbyists gigs later. 

The two from Michigan are utter RINOs.  Especially Frank Upton, whose initials are FU for a reason.  Meijer hasn't been there as long and I hope the voters of this state, which my youngest daughter refers to as the lowest circle of Dante's Inferno, have sense enough to vote their asses out of office... but I don't have much hope.  I'd hate to see them replaced by democretins, but it wouldn't be that noticeable if they were.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

The two from Michigan are utter RINOs.  Especially Frank Upton, whose initials are FU for a reason.  Meijer hasn't been there as long and I hope the voters of this state, which my youngest daughter refers to as the lowest circle of Dante's Inferno, have sense enough to vote their asses out of office... but I don't have much hope.  I'd hate to see them replaced by democretins, but it wouldn't be that noticeable if they were.

Except possibly for control of Majority Leader positions in House and Senate the nation would probably be better served if Rinos actually declared as Democrats. Certainly the voters in their states would see more clearly. 

• Like 2