Addiction to Dairy Queen

geeorge

1 minute ago, railfancwb said:

I’m also a DQ fan. For $6+/- I can get a fully dressed cheeseburger, fries, and small sundae - strawberry usually.

Unfortunately there is now one less funny guy I see. Don’t have nearly enough clean funny jokesters. 

Is that the Braizer Bruger?  I can't find a DQ that even sells that hamburger anymore!!  Use to be my Favorite!!!

Don’t know what the name is. I order the all day $6 cheeseburger deal minus one paddy of meat plus lettuce tomato pickle onion. The paddy off makes up for the garden added.

This is a franchised store in a smaller town. Maybe they have more flexibility than a big city one.

Anyway I’m regular enough that most staff know me and my usual order. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Don’t know what the name is. I order the all day $6 cheeseburger deal minus one paddy of meat plus lettuce tomato pickle onion. The paddy off makes up for the garden added.

This is a franchised store in a smaller town. Maybe they have more flexibility than a big city one.

Anyway I’m regular enough that most staff know me and my usual order. 

That was so long ago, the people there probably don't even know the name "Braizer Burger".

Brazier Burger
Dairy Queen describes its hamburger as a "100 percent beef patty, pickles, ketchup and mustard served on a warm toasted bun." Formerly you could only get grilled food at DQ from locations called a Brazier, although with modern rebranding that title has mostly been phased out. 

2 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

That was so long ago, the people there probably don't even know the name "Braizer Burger".

Brazier Burger
Dairy Queen describes its hamburger as a "100 percent beef patty, pickles, ketchup and mustard served on a warm toasted bun." Formerly you could only get grilled food at DQ from locations called a Brazier, although with modern rebranding that title has mostly been phased out. 

I’m old enough to remember when the “Brazier” sign was being added to select locations - those with enough resources to support the added menu. 

• Thanks 1

All of the Dairy Queens in my area are just ice cream counters in truck stops.  Now when I was stationed in Huntsville AL last century, there was a Dairy Queen that sold more burgers and fries than ice cream.  They had a killer breakfast too.  Eggs, bacon, grits and toast.  Awesome!

• Thanks 1

We've got one down the road.  I often stop and get only the french fries,  because they are the world's best.   Occasionally a shake, also.

(It's possible to get magnificent fries at donald's, if you luck into them at precisely the exact moment,  but 99% of the time they're just little pieces of salty rope.)

I grew up across the street from a Dairy Queen...from 1972 to 1992.  I can't tell you the amount of food I ate there.  It was basically the only "fast-food" we had at the time.  Never heard of that Brazier Burger.  On another note, back in the very early '80's they had scratch off cards for free food....My friend worked there and all of us had enough winning scratch-off cards to last several years.  Good times.

Edited by Scwine
  • Thanks 1