stupid things that creep you out

ASH

22 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Left my cabin on the wheeler in a rain storm. Pulled off the trail to check my brothers place. Took all of a minute. Ride back out to the muddy trail and my wheeler tracks have brown bear tracks on top of them.....going back the way I need to go. I follow slowly knowing how quiet a wheeler is from the front especially in the rain. Get to the trail that leads to the beach that I must take, and that s.o.b. had gone that way also. It's a choked up brushy trail. I fully expected to ride right up behind it. Had my .45-70 across my back on the sling. I yarded the .454 out of it's holster and rode one handed with the pistol at the ready in my left hand. Throttle is on the right. Bear left the trail right before the beach.

I mighta had a beer at the brother's place and waited a while.

I'd enjoy a beer and cigar at a campfire with you. We could tell stories.

• Like 4

I was scared of dinosaurs when I was a little kid thanks to seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was like 3 or 4 and having my older brother tell me it's real and dinosaurs are still around. 

Anyways as an adult the only thing that creeps me out is needles.  I don't mind getting shots I just don't like seeing the needle going it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, Valmet said:

Not sure if it qualifies as a stupid thing, but I’m really not a fan of deep water. 

While taking one of my daughters water skiing, she fell off in the middle of the bay.  When I circled back to pick her up she was acting frightened and she asked how deep the water was there.

I told her about 60 feet deep.  she got more frightened and I asked her why?  She said  because it's so deep!

I told her that the depth didn't mean anything since she could have a problem near shore if the water was over her head.

She thought about it, and we went around the bay a few more times.  The depth of the water isn't as important as you ability to swim.  Then you didn't care what the depth was, only how far it was to the shore.

In high school a bunch of my buddies and I would take a week end all Summer long and swim across the small lakes in the region, one at a time. Just because we could.  I found that with a side stroke I could swim for miles without getting tired.

All my kids are good swimmers, my wife refused to learn. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Maser said:

I was scared of dinosaurs when I was a little kid thanks to seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was like 3 or 4 and having my older brother tell me it's real and dinosaurs are still around. 

Anyways as an adult the only thing that creeps me out is needles.  I don't mind getting shots I just don't like seeing the needle going it. 

I don't like it either.  However, I make myself watch them and force myself not to react.  Some Nurses are really good with needles.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Women using those sandpaper boards on their fingernails. Some of them get real aggressive with it. I was sitting in a Dr. office with my mom when I was a kid and some lady is sanding away on them nails like she was sanding down a piece of pine. I begged my mom to make her stop.

I use the diamond ones, they cut faster.