Jump to content
ASH

stupid things that creep you out

Recommended Posts

Any time someone says, "Feel this. Do you feel a lump in there"? Even if it's my wife asking me if I feel a lump on my dog, I just can't do it. Creeps me the hell out. Also, I just don't gross out. Haven't in decades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trannies and whatever other sort of people with weird iterations they take on that attempt to convey something they are not.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicken skin. Heights freak the living hell out me. I mean I have to have my feet on the ground if they show something on tv like parachuting or the view out of an airplane window. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Men wearing Speedos..

 

 

speedo.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

Man buns, nose rings

Some things should be considered opportunities.

IMG_1245.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Being out in the bush and getting that creepy feeling like you're being hunted. The hair on your head stands up, and your eyes start scanning everything. High alert, and gtf outa there.

Now THAT might creep me out..."safety off"...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Water over my head. I found out not too long ago that when I was still in diapers, I fell off a walkway from a houseboat into the Columbia River. The current was sweeping me away under water. My grandma dove in and spotted my by my white diaper and recovered me. My dad said he didn't even know my grandma could swim as he had never known her to, but she grew up on a lake in Wisconsin and was actually a very good swimmer.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Water over my head. I found out not too long ago that when I was still in diapers, I fell off a walkway from a houseboat into the Columbia River. The current was sweeping me away under water. My grandma dove in and spotted my by my white diaper and recovered me. My dad said he didn't even know my grandma could swim as he had never known her to, but she grew up on a lake in Wisconsin and was actually a very good swimmer.

Minnesota has many lakes.  I lived in a well known Granite producing region, so there were untold numbers of spring fed abandoned quarries where all the kids would go to swim. No shallow areas, just a vertical drop into water up to 90 feet deep.

I never knew any kid in my home town that couldn't swim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hook said:

Chicken skin. Heights freak the living hell out me. I mean I have to have my feet on the ground if they show something on tv like parachuting or the view out of an airplane window. 

As a jumper since the late 80s, small Earth can do you no harm.  Fast big Earth can hurt you.  It's those last few feet that matter.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Being out in the bush and getting that creepy feeling like you're being hunted. The hair on your head stands up, and your eyes start scanning everything. High alert, and gtf outa there.

Been hunting in a snowstorm and cut fresh lion tracks, like right now fresh. Scanned the hell out of the trees and hillside it had gone up and vamoosed. My .270 was of small comfort.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heights never used to bother me until a friend died in a small plane crash. Now, those internet pictures with people on top of a tall tower or looking off a cliff etc make my balls shrivel up.

Edited by Lazy R
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lazy R said:

Heights never used to bother me until a friend died in a small plane crash. Now, those internet pictures with people on top of a tall tower or looking off a cliff etc make my balls shrivel up.

I fear heights. I use to fly small planes. That didn't bother me, but you'll never get me on a ladder. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmohme said:

Some things should be considered opportunities.

IMG_1245.jpeg

Stun gun would be more fun

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duluth said:

I fear heights. I use to fly small planes. That didn't bother me, but you'll never get me on a ladder. 

 

77.thumb.JPG.a5068fc744764e28091151862510583b.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lazy R said:

Now, those internet pictures with people on top of a tall tower or looking off a cliff etc make my balls shrivel up.

NYC.thumb.JPG.6ab12de9586283c1cf0111655d18e00b.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, geeorge said:

Stun gun would be more fun

There used to be a morning-radio team called 'Opie and Anthony'.  They were great.  They frequently got kicked off broadcast radio.

They had a call-in segment called, "Wake up your girlfriend with a stun gun." 

It was only radio, so you couldn't really tell, but still,  from the audio alone, I'm pretty sure it was real.  Hilarity ensured.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(They were indirectly responsible for a major city (chicago?) getting shut down during the morning commute (not long after 9 / 11),  when someone hacked a bunch of digital highway signs to display a weird space-invaders-type robot-looking thing.)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, geeorge said:

Men in sandals. Mandals is the current term for them. And men who shave their heads and have long nasty beards, especially neck beards. Face pearcings on anybody

 

Men have beards.  Women and children don't.

 

My icon is fairly representative of how I really look! :crylikelv:

Edited by Cali-Glock
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

 

77.thumb.JPG.a5068fc744764e28091151862510583b.JPG

come on dude that aint right

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lazy R said:

Been hunting in a snowstorm and cut fresh lion tracks, like right now fresh. Scanned the hell out of the trees and hillside it had gone up and vamoosed. My .270 was of small comfort.

Left my cabin on the wheeler in a rain storm. Pulled off the trail to check my brothers place. Took all of a minute. Ride back out to the muddy trail and my wheeler tracks have brown bear tracks on top of them.....going back the way I need to go. I follow slowly knowing how quiet a wheeler is from the front especially in the rain. Get to the trail that leads to the beach that I must take, and that s.o.b. had gone that way also. It's a choked up brushy trail. I fully expected to ride right up behind it. Had my .45-70 across my back on the sling. I yarded the .454 out of it's holster and rode one handed with the pistol at the ready in my left hand. Throttle is on the right. Bear left the trail right before the beach.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cali-Glock said:

Men have beards.  Women and children don't.

 

My icon is fairly representative of how I really look! :crylikelv:

Long beards can get caught in power tools so I keep mine short

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it qualifies as a stupid thing, but I’m really not a fan of deep water. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Valmet said:

Not sure if it qualifies as a stupid thing, but I’m really not a fan of deep water. 

My dad and I were on a deep East Texas lake when I was twelve. We were boating, but I was out of the boat swimmimg around, at the time. I asked him, probably a little nervously, how deep the lake was. He said, "What does it matter? You are on the surface." It was an obvious observation, but it reassured me.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Valmet said:

Not sure if it qualifies as a stupid thing, but I’m really not a fan of deep water. 

Once, long ago, I decided to swim across Lake MacDonald in Glacier Park. The water was crystal clear (and so cold, even in August, it shriveled my pod). I could see for what seemed to be 200 fathoms down. About halfway across I got this uncanny image of how I would look to a 30 foot brown trout slumbering below (I'd seen Jaws a few years before). Having passed the point of no return, I continued to the opposite shore, but it unnerved me. I walked back.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...