stupid things that creep you out

ASH

sitting in bed watching  1985 return of living dead  high on pain med for hip .  i got to thinking 

stupid things right off top of my head that creep me out  , 

those damn wendego's  

and in the winter after ice storm and wind blows the limbs the clicking sounds  of the ice . when we would go camping in winter always had to have head phones 

public bathrooms 

people who hand out samples at like sams club 

kids who dont say a word .  my 4 year old grand girl does not have that problem thankfully

sink sponges

what cha got 

• Like 2

I've never liked scary movies that much.

I remember watching The Shining as a kid and didnt sleep for a month.

Even those stupid made up ghost hunter videos on YouTube kinda freak me out.  I just bought a new house with some new noises, and I'm still not sure it's not haunted.  :eek:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Dave514 said:

Eating in old establishments with old decor like heavy draperies or ornate metal ceiling tiles with chipped paint.

When I was a youngin' in the early 90s, I worked at the Machus Red Fox. It was a very high-end, expensive restaurant that catered to wealthy Detroit area folks.

Machus Red Fox Restaurant. This is the last place Jimmy Hoffa was seen |  Detroit history, Detroit michigan, Michigan

And well known for being where Jimmy Hoffa disappeared from. 

It was opened in 1965 with styling and design from that era. Red leather, huge drapes on the walls. Those funny red glass candles on the tables. By the 1990s it was very, very dated.

• Like 3

Coarse braided nylon cord. It has so be the exact size and braid. The kind that was used to tie up old canvas air conditioning covers. I was almost strangled as a kid when a stack of covers fell over and I got caught in the cords. I can’t stand to even touch it. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Peng said:

I've never liked scary movies that much.

I remember watching The Shining as a kid and didnt sleep for a month.

Even those stupid made up ghost hunter videos on YouTube kinda freak me out.  I just bought a new house with some new noises, and I'm still not sure it's not haunted.  :eek:

We bought our first house built for us.  As soon as the temp dropped below freezing the snaps, pops and cracks would wake you from a deep sleep....

After many years now, I don't give a damn.

I tried to think of something.  But the only thing that came to mind was many years ago,  in the middle of the night with a bedroom window open, Suddenly there was screaming that was so bad it sounded like someone was skinning a toddler.  

Later, I found that the most likely source was a Rabbit probably being attacked.

Other than that, I can't come up with much. I carry a gun everywhere all the time and am old, so I have come to the realization that anything can threaten me and death isn't something I'm afraid of any more. While I do have some means of retribution.

In my youth, I spent many nights camping  all alone and enjoying the experience, so night noises are kind of expected to me.

So I simply find an explanation in my mind for the strange things that happen and if I can't, I figure screw it. 

• Like 3