22LR ammo prices

pipedreams

6 hours ago, Someday said:

The $.03 stuff is Aguila ammo, do you have any experience with that ammo?

I'm only posting their prices not determining the quality of the product.  Every item listed on the page is under $.05.

Guess what you buy is determined by your needs.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, pipedreams said:

I'm only posting their prices not determining the quality of the product.  Every item listed on the page is under $.05.

Guess what you buy is determined by your needs.

Just wondering if you have any experience with it, I've never tried it.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/30/2017 at 11:50 PM, Someday said:

Very good ammo IMO.  I bought a brick of the Aguila SuperExtra HV ammo.  It runs very well through my 10/22 and my MKIV  Almost as good a Mini-Mags.  

Edited by Wishoot
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, G19 DB said:

My  LGS has this in their ad. 

22lr.png

Wow.  That's cheap!  I have a few boxes of Thunderbolt stashed away somewhere.  I think I picked them up during the Great .22 Drought, and probably at higher prices than that (though not scalpers' prices). 

I'm just happy that .22LR prices have gotten back to reasonable levels.  I spent way too long worried that if I shot my .22s, I would not be able to replenish my supply.  

Edited by Spats McGee
style change
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spats McGee said:

Wow.  That's cheap!  I have a few boxes of Thunderbolt stashed away somewhere.  I think I picked them up during the Great .22 Drought, and probably at higher prices than that (though not scalpers' prices). 

I'm just happy that .22LR prices have gotten back to reasonable levels.  I spent way too long worried that if I shot my .22s, I would not be able to replenish my supply.  

Took about 5 years from the fallout of Sandy Hook for prices to normalize.

Imagine what things would be like if Hillary had won in ‘16.  Imagine if Hillary had nominated two individuals to SCOTUS.  

I shudder at the thought!

Edited by c10bonanza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, Someday said:

Ive tried the supersubsonic SSS and the high velocity 40 grain and the "Intercepter" 40 grain which is similar to CCI Velocitor but not quite as accurate in my guns though it's slightly higher velocity.  But the aguila ammo is all pretty good ammo and is much better than Remington thunderbolt. I don't see any point in buying a large quantity of ammo that's so inconsistent that accuracy suffers. There is no enjoyment in shooting ammo that gives you lousy groups on paper and misses targets.

The last Tbolt ammo I bought some of the rounds sounded almost like squibs and wouldn't cycle the action of my Marklin model 60. I could hear the difference of the different reports tha teach shot made. Even some of the rounds that would cycle the action sounded different. I bet if I had chronographed that ammo velocities would have been all over the map and standard deviation would have been a wide spread.

If it's a brand of ammo that you've never shot in your gun before, the best thing to do is the buy a small quantity first before buying the same ammo in bulk. The only ammo I'm interested in is CCI Blazers or Velocitors or the CCI "quiet" because that's what shoots best in all my guns.

Here's ammoseek's prices for the top quality CCI ammo:

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr/CCI

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Been buying Blazer (made by CCI) for $169 in 5000 round cases, delivered,  every month for about 6 months now.  A little dirty, but my Rugers and my M&P22s  eat it without hiccups.  I will continue to buy it until price crosses 200 bucks/case...or until My inventory of all brands of .22 hits 150,000 rounds

• Like 1

Aguila cost me $14 for a Brick at the local gun show, also stingers were $4.99 for 50 rounds I find the best prices on 22 ammo at the gun shows and obviously the greatest selection to choose from, regarding thunderbolt 22 ammo. Just gave away 200 rounds, that stuff is the dirtiest, filthy ammo I've ever used, heard that from other users also ....