Tutanota Secure Email

Brad

Been using it for 3 years (ish) not a single complaint. It allows plenty of folders, good speeds, nice concept to have a password protected mail. 

Not as big a display as Gmail and some others. Not customizable, at least in the free version, but for mail it is great.

Side note, It is absolutely amazing how tied to an email address we are. I still have yahoo and gmail because f this. I will use the gmail sine I have some accounts tied to it that are default type stuff like my Youtube TV, but it doesn't get used a lot.

While your at it, check out Proton mail too. No complaints there either, but the Tuamail just has more features for the unpaid version and works better for me.

Word of caution for both of these. DO NOT forget, lose, or anything else your password, They can't even get you in.Tuamail will send you a recovery key one time, Proton might, I don't remember. Guard that well, and make sure to use a strong password you will remember.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 1

I think you can get t in App form but I use the web. I don't care for apps if I can stay away from them even on Android.

Edit: I just went and looked. I have the App on my tablet, and that is what I'm working off of. Some sites make you use the app, mewe is one of them. I would rather have the web browser base, but ya gets what ya gets.

Edited by LostinTexas

Get your own Domain name with a small hosting package for a few bucks a month and create your own email addresses under your own domain name. This way the emails are not saved on servers from Google, MS, or Tutanota.

5 bucks, comes with 20 GB storage and 2 domains, and SSL cert. You can even have your own website it you want to:

https://www.superb.net/web-hosting

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 10:09 PM, LostinTexas said:

I think you can get t in App form but I use the web. I don't care for apps if I can stay away from them even on Android.

Edit: I just went and looked. I have the App on my tablet, and that is what I'm working off of. Some sites make you use the app, mewe is one of them. I would rather have the web browser base, but ya gets what ya gets.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. By "app," I'm referring to a regular PC application like Outlook. Is that what you're using?

I dislike browser interfaces for email, so I'm looking for something like this.

No. It doesn't play well with Outlook or programs like that. I used Outlook on offshore projects, Had u to use Gmail or Yahoo then, because they said I had to. It gave the company access to every keystroke you made by going through it, probably why it is so popular with corporate America. Thunderbird and the like don't play well with it either. No real use for them you just may be used to it and think it the way to go.

By App I mean like on your android or Apple device. Go to the app store and download the program as intended to use on that platform. Tutamail's is very good.

If I can, I will operate off the web browser as much as possible (go to the search bar type in what ever, and make a bookmark for it). Apps tend to collect things, and usage. Tuta clams theirs doesn't. About all you can go on.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 1