Words coming into and going out of fashion

railfancwb

So there I was, you dig, minding my own business high atop the Acme building in a city that never sleeps, you understand.

That’s when this dish came into the digs, my place you understand, so I turned on her.  She knew I was an ace.  She spilled her guts and told me some chrome dome anchor clanker had done her wrong.

What a dame, what a dish, she had legs up to her neck.  She was one fine cookie. She was a true dreamboat.  She was out of my league.  I might be an eager beaver to get a leg over…but being a dead hoofer and a bit of a yuck besides being just a gum shoe…I knew she wasn’t going to take up with a fath headed, geezer,  dead hoofer like me.

I mean. What am I good for?  Working the gum shoe, beating the pavement?  I’m just a joe.  She’s ready for the glitterati.  She ain’t know Khaki Wackey…and a dick like me doesn’t make enough to be a sugar daddy. 

I’m just a drip, you dig, just a no body.  Just a guy who finds the dope. A guy who totes a roscoe, walks the dog, carries a heater. 

She’ll take a powder on me in a second.

Yet there she is.  On the beam.  Sitting in my space looking for a good like me.  And trust me.  Whatever she wants I ain’t running out of gas or gonna whistle dixie.  I gotta throw a knucklesandwich it won’t be because I passed the buck. 

Just sayin…this could go on for a while.

But I’m drinking Scotch whiskey and counting $2 bills…

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

Don’t get me started.  She spilled her guts.  The charmer had issues.   Some dunce had dune her wrong and she needed me to dig her out of the hole.

It wasn’t like she didn’t two dimes to rub together.  She was an independent woman. But I could tell there were limits. I mean.  There’s only so much I can drain from any situation. Perhaps you might say squeeze a dime, or bleed a beat.

I couldn’t say no to her.  No way.  Not with curls like that.  She was all that and more.

So I took a chance and took the case.   I knew it was a dead end and no good was gonnna come from it.

But you know. When a pretty red haired dame comes into your office dressed to the nines asking for your help…you just fall for it.

Yeah, Sam, that’s the story and I’m sticking to it.

Let’s face it.  It wasn’t a good time for her to dig me up. 

I was on a bender, you understand,  took a few under the belt.  Spent too much time as a swigger on the sauce.   I admit it.  I liked the buzz, you understand.

But I cashed in the clams for that. I means I spent some lettice.

Eating great, drinking swell, like a schnook.  To the point when my peepers needed the shuteye.   I had run out of gas and was ready to snap your cap.  We’re not talking peanuts.

But I got the bum rap. Bupkis.  Everyone was busting my chops…and I was ready to stand my ground.

Pour me a cup of Joe and I’ll tell you more.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:46 AM, RenoF250 said:

The one that is annoying me right now is "gas lighting".  I had never heard it before and now hear it all the time.  I think it is a stupid term since it is based on an old movie no one has seen.

Gas lighting the word, is like face tats in Chinese.

Not nearly as impressive as the user thinks they are.

Edited by Jack Ryan