Words coming into and going out of fashion

railfancwb

On 12/21/2020 at 4:59 AM, Batesmotel said:

Loadout. Or Load-Out. Merc wannabes don’t have a Loadout. They just have too much crap in their pockets. 

I used to laugh at guys that would show up for serious training with an AR that had a flash light, bottle opener, IR laser, regular laser, optic, extra optic, nine point sling, bayonet, etc.

Three days later and 1000 to 2000 rounds later that rifle was was down to a sling and an optic.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2020 at 11:49 PM, tadbart said:

I must ask, good Sir, how you feel about Rottweilers, and perhaps the shortening of their name, like their tails, to Rotties.

Fur baby, doggy daddy, pet parent, it ALL puts the users in the same chapter as people with face tattoos or nose rings in my book.

Edited by Jack Ryan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Jack Ryan said:

Fur baby, doggy daddy, pet parent, it ALL puts the users in the same chapter as people with face tattoos or nose rings in my book.

I figured a ring nose was a come along.

Kinda like how you'd get that cow to move.  Now that i think about it.   That's pretty much the same thing in many cases.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, jmohme said:

Vape.

I absolutely hate that word and when I see it on a storefront, it makes me want to stop to show them the difference between vapor and smoke.

Even more obnoxious than that term is walking behind a couple of skinny pants wearing zoomers who are blowing gigantic clouds out that blind anyone behind them.  I swear to God there must be some APB that goes out to all young users anytime I'm out and about walking and they find me and walk right in front of me.  Even worse is they always seem to be puffing out the most nasty smelling flavor they can find!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 9:13 PM, Historian said:

I used to laugh at guys that would show up for serious training with an AR that had a flash light, bottle opener, IR laser, regular laser, optic, extra optic, nine point sling, bayonet, etc.

Three days later and 1000 to 2000 rounds later that rifle was was down to a sling and an optic.

I was a Marine Grunt. I hated going from the A1 to the A2. Weight is your biggest enemy. 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 3:13 AM, Russel P said:

Hoodie--hooded sweatshirt

Kicks--shoes

Script--prescription 

Smash--eat something quickly (devour) OR to have casual sex with someone  

Throw shade--speak bad of someone

Come at me--stop running your mouth and show me what you got

Other day was in the grocery and the guy in front of me asked the checkout girl if she had a WAP.  Her face almost hit the counter followed by a dirty look from her and she said nothing to him from there on out.  I actually did not hear him say it, 6 feet away and such but she told me about this when I approached the counter.  I did not know what it meant, but she told me it is a phrase that is associated with Cardi B.  When I got home I looked it up and my jaw dropped too.  Feel free to look it up for yourself, but be ready for your jaw to drop.

Yes, this is my first post here and no that is not my real name.  You can fill in the blanks as far as the story behind it, I am sure it is not that difficult.  I have not seen an official introduce yourself thread, but I might have missed it.  Anyways, hello from Northern Wisconsin.  It has been a while since I have been shooting.  The two ranges near me are shut down, one because people cannot manage to hit the berm at the back of the range that is literally bigger then the broad sides of two barns, and the other was shut down because of damage done to the shooting stalls and now they say Covid is the cause.  On  the plus side I now have more ammo in varied calibers then I have ever had in my life.  

Script has been around a long time, and will be for a long time to come in the medical field.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, jmohme said:

Vape.

I absolutely hate that word and when I see it on a storefront, it makes me want to stop to show them the difference between vapor and smoke.

How about “douche flute”?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Noodle. As in “Let’s noodle on it”. Back from the 80s business talk. Mostly from European clients. 

My mother used to say she was “noodling” around on the internet. I may or may not have picked up that idiom myself.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 12:07 AM, NPTim said:

Script has been around a long time, and will be for a long time to come in the medical field.

First time I seen it was ten, maybe fifteen years ago.  It was a newspaper article where a defendant was charged for having narcotics without a valid script.  I had to think about it for a couple seconds before it made sense.  I was surprised that it was written up that way compared to taking the few seconds to write out the whole word.  I believe it has been used in the medical field forever, but when you are not in the medical field it can be a bit confusing.  I guess that was the beginning of the decline of journalism.  

16 hours ago, Cheygriz said:

How about "so?"

Nobody can day anything without prefacing it with "so."

Instead of I bought  new gun, they will say "SO" I bought a new gun.

I also hate Remmie, Winnie, Shottie etc.

So... I’ve been guilty of this. Now that it has been pointed out I will try to do better. 

• Like 1