Which Type Of Shooter Are You?

Maser

I'm the kind that puts 3 rounds down range, makes the sight adjustment, shoots once to confirm, and then leaves to go buy my hunting license... except for the weekends I spend taking classes, teaching, or shooting AQTs to re-qual for the year.  Or when I go over the hill behind the house and practice pistol drills... in my backyard, I can shoot while moving, which they never let anyone do at a public range...  I've seen too many nimrods at public ranges anymore to be comfortable at them.

• Like 3

I went to a local outdoor range here one early spring day. I had heard an ad on the radio about a pin shoot and decided to attend and participate. I brought my Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag and a Security 6 .357. I had full house hunting loads for both. It was an over cast day. I signed up to shoot in  the large bore revolver class and the unlimited class where you can use any handgun, but if you are using a revolver you can have a 2nd one laying on the table for follow up shots. I watched the early shooters with .22's and the pins at the back of the table. You are timed and have to knock them off the table. Then the 9mm class. Pins moved forward a foot on the table. Finally they get to the big bores. Pins moved to the front of the table. Have to make them clear the table. Shooter make ready, Guns on the rail. Beep. Whoa Daddy.  I took more time to acquire my target. (there were some really fast shooters there with slicked up double actions shooting low recoiling hand loads.) But I never had to make a 2nd shot on any of the pins. When I torched off those full house loads there was visible flame from the barrel and cylinder gap on this cloudy day. I placed 3rd in big bore and 4th in Unlimited. Fun day. When I shot those pins there were chunks flying. They swept the debris off the table with a broom. A few months later at a Sportman Show the gun club had a video they were showing. There I was blasting away. I asked my buddy why they were using me in their promo video. He said cause it was just that awesome with the full house loads, flame from the barrel, and pins getting blown to pieces. Fun times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm the kind that puts 3 rounds down range, makes the sight adjustment, shoots once to confirm, and then leaves to go buy my hunting license... except for the weekends I spend taking classes, teaching, or shooting AQTs to re-qual for the year.  Or when I go over the hill behind the house and practice pistol drills... in my backyard, I can shoot while moving, which they never let anyone do at a public range...  I've seen too many nimrods at public ranges anymore to be comfortable at them.

Let me know when your husband dies.  I'd be honored to be a replacement, if I'm available...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Let me know when your husband dies.  I'd be honored to be a replacement, if I'm available...

LOL - my husband will tell you it's a pain in the ass to have a wife that shoots when ammo is this expensive... and also because he ends up having to buy himself a second model of half the firearms buys, because I borrow them, shoot them, like them, and claim them as mine... he has to work overtime to keep me in the guns-n-ammo to which I'd like to be accustomed...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Unfortunately, that's what I'm doin.  Need to find a friend with LAND to shoot on!!!

I have a few. Not open until after alt season.

One is none in this case. None must be worth less.

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Sad 1