Jump to content

Which Type Of Shooter Are You?


Maser
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I'm a Both eyes open shooter and I sight only with the front site when I'm practicing "Real World" shooting on a man target at 20 ft.

Now, If I'm out at my buddy's with the shotgun and the AK,...THAT's fun shootin.  How many people Are NOT Both eyes open shooters?

I'm both eyes open with a handgun and one eye open with a rifle.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

How many people Are NOT Both eyes open shooters?

Me.

I take pictures of my targets and post them.  Does that make me the Social Media Guy?

Ruger Redhawk .44, Right Hand best on October 15, 2020 - seven yards

10152020RightBestCrop.jpg

 

Ruger Redhawk .44, Left Hand best on October 15, 2020 - seven yards

10152020BestLeftCropSmall.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gabby people during cease fire are usually a welcome addition to a range session.  But, people that try to talk to me while I am trying to shoot will experience a cold shoulder as I demonstrate my powers of concentration.

And people that want to try my guns get treated as if they are invisible from then on out.

One time at the range there was a group of young professionals clustered around whichever one of them was firing their rent a gun.  One of them was squatting down right were my Glock 20 likes to throw its brass.  I told him that he might want to move for that reason and he looked at me like, "What a stupid old man."  **** him, I just started putting rounds down range and when I went to look for my brass, he was gone and the brass had obviously been deflected from its normal trajectory.  Oh well.  Newbies who won't listen suck.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the type that can do all of that and not be asked to leave because i don`t shoot in indoor ranges much anymore.

99% of indoor ranges ban any practical shooting Techniques.

 

last indoor range i was in had a sign on the wall in the Shop that said.

No Draw shooting.

No Rapid Fire.

No Tac-Reloads.

No Cross Lane Shooting.

they literally had yellow boxes painted on the floor that you had to stay in.

Range was Empty, but i couldn't go in because i wasn't wearing eye and ear Pro.

 

since i moved and the cost and scarcity of Ammo i haven't done much shooting at all though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

the type that can do all of that and not be asked to leave because i don`t shoot in indoor ranges much anymore.

99% of indoor ranges ban any practical shooting Techniques.

 

last indoor range i was in had a sign on the wall in the Shop that said.

No Draw shooting.

No Rapid Fire.

No Tac-Reloads.

No Cross Lane Shooting.

they literally had yellow boxes painted on the floor that you had to stay in.

Range was Empty, but i couldn't go in because i wasn't wearing eye and ear Pro.

 

since i moved and the cost and scarcity of Ammo i haven't done much shooting at all though.

True.  Most "Ranges" now days, are just to check out a pistol.  No serious "training" can be done there.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I am the guy who sets up to shoot his 1911 and five minutes later a retiree sets up next to him with to test-fire five rifles he just had fitted with muzzle brakes, 4 of which are belted magnums. This is of course is at a range with a corregated tin roof over the firing line. I pack up and GTFO after ten rounds from the first muzzlebraked  rifle, a .300 H&H Magnum.

That happened to me once in PHX, at Ben Avery. The concussion from that freaking rifle was like getting hit with a padded baseball bat.

Anyway, I am the kind of shooter who prefers few or no other shooters in the immediate area when he shoots.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, minervadoe said:

Me.

I take pictures of my targets and post them.  Does that make me the Social Media Guy?

Ruger Redhawk .44, Right Hand best on October 15, 2020 - seven yards

10152020RightBestCrop.jpg

 

Ruger Redhawk .44, Left Hand best on October 15, 2020 - seven yards

10152020BestLeftCropSmall.jpg

Seriously, that's some SERIOUS accuracy.  :biggrin:  I can pull "All Black" at 20 ft...with maby a flyer, shootin from a weaver stance usin the front site only and with both eyes open.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread got me thinking. I usually shoot in my back yard, or pretty close to it. I'm usually by myself. Now when I shoot I'll be wondering what type of shooter I am. Probably the shooter that doesn't shoot often enough. Need to work on that.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
14 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Seriously, that's some SERIOUS accuracy.  :biggrin:  I can pull "All Black" at 20 ft...with maby a flyer, shootin from a weaver stance usin the front site only and with both eyes open.

I once hit a chemlight stick on a target berm 600 meters downrange with the first burst of an M-60 at night. True story. It was a night shoot for M-60 gunners. There were target berms with a cluster of hinged silhouette targets on each, at ranges from 400 meters to 1,000 meters, on each firing lane. Each berm had a chemlight staked to it, to mark it. I hit the chemlight on the 600 berm with the first burst, which splattered the glowing green crap up onto the targets, before I adjusted a little and got the targets. It was very cool looking. It looked like Predator blood.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...