It's finally a winter wonderland

Started snowing last night. Have about 7-8 inches now and still coming down. Forecast says it will snow till evening with a total of about 12 inches. I'll have to fire up the front end loader and do some plowing soon. Likely hauling snow in town with the KW on Monday. There is more snow in the forecast this week. Time to get the snow goes out and play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I kind of miss snow, just not enough to move back north.

My step dad told me once that when he retired he was going to strap a sled and a snow shovel to the rack on his pickup and drive south until someone said "Whats that stuff".

He said it. I did it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just got back to the house after 3 hours of pushing snow with the loader. 2 acres at my shop and the driveway at the house. I cleared the sidewalks and deck earlier. Now I have a moose steak getting a sear on in the cast iron pan. Life is good in the North. Borough road grader is out there clearing the subdivision right now. A brand new Komatsu. Has a wing and a snow gate. Heard they paid 380K for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tadbart said:

No snow in Florida. Well, rarely. I think they got an inch up in the panhandle a couple years ago. They shut the dang interstate down like it was I-80 or something.

That’s the nice thing about AZ. If I want snow, it’s just a 1.5 hour drive away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple years ago, when the wife and I were researching states for retirement, before knowledge of her demise, the priorities were, conservative leaning, no state income tax and no shoveling snow.
That quickly got it down to 2.5 states.
Texas, Florida and western Tennessee.
Florida is my most favorite state, after living in 5 and visiting 43, so it was an easy choice, not that the other two were not given proper consideration.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, pizza_pablo said:

A couple years ago, when the wife and I were researching states for retirement, before knowledge of her demise, the priorities were, conservative leaning, no state income tax and no shoveling snow.
Florida is my most favorite state, after living in 5 and visiting 43, so it was an easy choice, not that the other two were not given proper consideration.

But you have missed out on riding the snow goes at 100 mph through the wilderness. They're more fun than any other atv I have been on including PWC, dirt bikes, road bikes, go carts, boats, 4x4's........Here that? It's the Call of the Wild, and I must answer it.

• Like 3

But you have missed out on riding the snow goes at 100 mph through the wilderness. They're more fun than any other atv I have been on including PWC, dirt bikes, road bikes, go carts, boats, 4x4's........Here that? It's the Call of the Wild, and I must answer it.
Can't I just visit and participate [emoji4]

51 minutes ago, pizza_pablo said:

We better make sure it stays red. Was too close for comfort 2 years ago. Imagine Gillum would have won... they caught this left wing loser naked, drugged, and in a bed full of **** with another guy in a Miami hotel while his wife was sitting at home!

Scene from the hotel.. this is what the idiot Democrats vote for..

andrew gillum nude hey mikey atl – HEYMIKEYATL

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/03/15/gillum-withdraws-from-politics-after-link-to-suspected-drug-overdose-1267145

Edited by crockett
  • Confused 1

We better make sure it stays red. Was too close for comfort 2 years ago. Imagine Gillum would have won... they caught this left wing loser naked, drugged, and in a bed full of **** with another guy in a Miami hotel while his wife was sitting at home!

Scene from the hotel.. this is what the idiot Democrats vote for..
IMG_38231.jpg

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/03/15/gillum-withdraws-from-politics-after-link-to-suspected-drug-overdose-1267145
I just Googled this. Wiki really glased it over.

25 minutes ago, pizza_pablo said:

I just Googled this. Wiki really glased it over.

Google, Wiki and most social media platforms know how to make things go away, twist, or push down the search result list when it doesn't fit their left wing narrative.

Andrew Gillum came out as bisexual in an interview this year after he was caught in that hotel room. Now some news outlets try to turn things around for him, making excuses, saying he may and should come back to politics.

How could ANYBODY ever consider to vote for this loser again? Disgusting!

If Florida is ever stupid enough to vote a **** like this into office, I'll either **** off to Wyoming, or I will ignore every single law and policy that comes from a toolbag like that.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Started snowing last night. Have about 7-8 inches now and still coming down. Forecast says it will snow till evening with a total of about 12 inches. I'll have to fire up the front end loader and do some plowing soon. Likely hauling snow in town with the KW on Monday. There is more snow in the forecast this week. Time to get the snow goes out and play.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. You better post some photos of that white, fluffy stuff!

• Like 2

... I'll either **** off to Wyoming, or I will ignore every single law and policy that comes from a toolbag like that.

I researched Wyoming, a while back, when I got tired of how many people are now in my area, compared to when we moved here.

A hundred degrees in the summer and four feet of snow all winter let me know why no one is there [emoji57]

• Like 2

Just now, pizza_pablo said:

I thought about Wyoming, a while back, when I got tired of how many people are now in my area, compared to when we moved here.
A hundred degrees in the summer and four feet of snow all winter let me know why no one is there emoji57.png

Yep, the weather (and no beaches / Palm trees) is the only main concern in Wyoming. Great people, great government, lots of room on the other side.

All that being said, I get tired of our heat and humidity. Sure, if you hang out at the beach, it doesn't matter much, but when I try to get things done outside from early April to late October, I usually give up after 15 minutes. Wet t-shirt contest starts after only 5 minutes and working in the yard for over an hour can leave you with a heatstroke. What's the point of great weather when you want to sit in a room with AC all day long.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

The new truck wearing a coat of snowDSCN9769.thumb.JPG.67e3d5f9bafc3443aa80ee78c8e631c1.JPG

Makes me want to go up North and start a one man business for snow plowing! I kid you not. Missing some honest work, sitting on my ass gets old.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

Makes me want to go up North and start a one man business for snow plowing! I kid you not. Missing some honest work, sitting on my ass gets old.

Plowing, sanding, shoveling roofs when it gets deep. Then do lawn maintenance in the summer since most people are way too busy out fishing.

• Like 2