No blue wave...but a loss

Dric902

I’ve been trying figure out the election results without the ranting and weeping and gnashing of teeth. Election vote analysis isn’t complete yet, but some things come to light.

the GOP did very well in 2020, per The Federalist 

Republicans have flipped seven U.S. House races so far and Democrats flipped two, according to RealClearPolitics. That narrows Democrats’ hold on the House from 232 to 227, nine more than the majority, even if no more are flipped. Republicans could even ultimately flip 15, as many as Democrats had hoped to.

Republicans had twice as many Senate seats to defend this election than Democrats did, and they currently appear to retain their Senate majority. So far, Democrats have flipped one seat. Far poorer-funded Republicans retained seats Democrats literally spent hundreds of millions of dollars to flip

At the state level, USA Today reports, Democrats also failed to flip seats they had targeted, again usually with more money than Republicans. The only gubernatorial flip went from Democrat to Republican, in Montana. In congressional and state House races in Texas, Republicans also retainedtheir majorities despite massive outside funding and high-profile targeting from Democrats.

per The New Statesman;

One of the many ironies of Republican support for President Donald Trump’s efforts to challenge the outcome of the 2020 election is that the Republican Party, save the president himself, actually did very well in it. Unless the Democrats manage to win both runoffs in the special election early in January, Republicans will keep the Senate. While Democrats held on to their majority in the House, the margin of that majority has shrunk, leaving the party to worry about 2022 already

Understand that every election is an election for the entire House. Every State, every district. No ballots were one line “Biden or Trump” followed by nothing else. My own as four pages with Rep, Governor, State offices, Sheriff, Clerk, School Board, four judges, various ballot measures.

Nobody had a one line ballot. So how did Republicans do well...but Trump lost. (He did lose, get over it)

Looking at the results we see that the Libertarian policy did better than average in every State, the Constitution Party did better than average, Kanye got 65,600 votes in various key States. Most all of those were Republican down ticket.

(remember that Ross Perot gave us Clinton in ‘92 and Nader was on the ballot in Florida in 2000, earning the hate of the left for years)

Is a “protest vote” considered fraud? Jesus did well many States, Donald Duck and Spongebob did well also. Is that fraud?

Imagine you are one of the thousands involved in the Dr Evil conspiracy to steal the election and we’re manufacturing votes from the dead, illegal, etc.

Wouldn't those hundred of thousands of ballots you were dumping at 4:00AM be straight Democrat votes? Wouldn’t the GOP have lost broadly across every State?

Unless the evil genius behind the fraud was forging the ballots to be for Biden and Republican down ballot just to fool us. Would Pelosi have backed that plan? Would Schumer be OK with minority leader?

If the effort to program the machines to change Republican votes to Democrook votes was so massive and widespread.....wouldn’t they all be?

Many of the same things we heard from Hillary voters on ‘16, we are hearing from Trump voters in 2020. Not my President, illegitimate, fraud, screaming at the sky, vast left wing conspiracies, etc

Could it be that enough Republican voters were tired of the crap, tweet attacks, narcissistic statements, sharpie hurricane predictions, Super Duper Missiles, hoax, witch hunt, etc 

That they voted their principles and against the BS

We stand a great chance of winning the House in ‘22, Pelosi’s majority is single digits. We should gain in the Senate where the Democraps will have more seats up for re-election than Republicans. And Presidents historically do poorly in their first med term election. Then win big in 2024.

Cruz/Haley 2024!!! 

Pretty much came to the same conclusion except i don't think most Republicans were tired of trump.

Tired of winning?  No i don't think so.

Tired of the barrage of lies the media and politicians spread about our man.  You bet.

But hey, if things don't work out he can go back to playing Monopoly with real buildings and sleeping nekid with a super model.

Still think he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Something interesting to note:  As  I type this....there are eight contested seats for the house.

All eight are trending Republican.   If all all (and it's down to 8 votes in one election in Iowa) then the House will be divided by 214 to 214 with one third party member.

Nancy is one resignation and an appointment away from losing her job as speaker.  And...my bet is...in two years she'll be out of a job anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Something interesting to note:  As  I type this....there are eight contested seats for the house.

All eight are trending Republican.   If all all (and it's down to 8 votes in one election in Iowa) then the House will be divided by 214 to 214 with one third party member.

Nancy is one resignation and an appointment away from losing her job as speaker.  And...my bet is...in two years she'll be out of a job anyway.

And along with AOC in Schumer’s seat, in a minority backseat.
We won’t have a veto proof majority, but we should be running things

• Like 1