Wayne LaPierre repays the NRA

blueiron

"Gun-rights organization says CEO Wayne LaPierre has repaid $300,000 related to travel expenses"

Quoting the Wall Street Journal article of 25 Nov. 2020: 

"The National Rifle Association disclosed that current and former top executives received at least $1.4 million in improper or excessive benefits from the organization in violation of nonprofit rules, the first time the group has publicly admitted the lapses.

The NRA, in its tax filing covering 2019, also reported a $12.2 million deficit and a 34% decline in member dues in 2019, as the gun-rights organization grappled with internal turmoil and external legal probes related to alleged expense abuses by its top officials.

Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s chief executive, repaid the NRA $300,000 related to travel expenses from 2015 to 2019 that the nonprofit group originally paid for him but has now determined to be an “excess benefit” under tax rules, according to the filing. Mr. LaPierre is estimated to owe a special excise tax of about $75,000 on the extra income, the NRA said..."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-acknowledges-improper-executive-benefits-in-new-tax-filing-11606341481?mod=hp_lista_pos2

• Thanks 1

Wayne has done good things for the NRA but he's milked this cow's udder until it will produce no more.

Wayne has forgotten that most members are $25 a year members.  Blue collar stiffs. 

There are now other pro-second adm. organizations that won't back down.

Don't get me wrong.   I donate to the NRA political victory fund, the ILA and am a benefactor member.

I just expect more out of Wayne.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, minderasr said:

Wayne needs to go.  And a restructuring is needed.  Until then my money goes to the SAF and GOA.

This!  This is what has happened to my beloved NRA...SAF and GOA are great....wonderful.    I belong to GOA as well as the NRA and encourage everyone to do both.

Mostly because the NRA is the most visible 800 pound gorilla.   You can't miss it.  You can see The Capital Building from their DC office.  Does that tell everyone how strong we are?

But they are hurting us with Wayne.  We need to get back in line with our core values.

No one should be leaving the NRA (or not sending in a small donation once in a while) because of stupid.

Stupid is what Wayne has done.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1