Minivan camper build

crockett

7 minutes ago, crockett said:

It's a matter of probability theory. What are the chances in this twisted society we live in to find a partner that is equally smart, decent, loyal, productive, knows how to cook and look after herself, not stuck on Face**** or texting moma 24/7, not seeing you as a nest, money or sperm provider, with a good amount of integrity, while not being a sheep to public opinion, the Dems nor the bias in the media?

Chances to find a girl like that is in the per-mille bracket, and I'm no gambler.

I'm a fan of boats n hoes, jus sayin'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MO Fugga said:

I'm a fan of boats n hoes, jus sayin'.

And lose them like guns in the lake with just enough time to catch a random STD?

My body and spirt is worth too much for any of that short term fun. Ever wondered if they had enough time to clean up after the last guy? Maybe they keep a bunch around.

Not. My. Style.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW. I just caught this thread......I LIKE YOUR STYLE

Long story, but, I found that UNICORN lady 27 years ago...

NOTHING is perfect but I'll settle for what we have, 9 on a 10 scale

(at my ripe old age of 86 I have "women" stories I could tell ya)

Edited by DAKA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crockett said:

image.gif.7e174026c76a944560648d91b6f73d6e.gifBought a $700 table saw for the cabinets to come... I’m getting there...

2724C765-B1B5-4AF8-A175-ABBB9F3F01A6.jpeg

REVISED ESTIMATE 

Saw $700 

3/4" Plywood ?? per sheet

Clamps, screw gun, screws, glue, stain and varnish.........? ..... add another few K's to the $20,000...

• Like 2

Finally getting to work on the fridge / sink / induction cooktop cabinet. Love the new table saw, very clean cuts!

Still need a proper shop with AC. It's so ******* hot and humid, I have to come inside and cool off every 10 minutes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DAKA said:

Cardboard works well as a template.....(I'm sure you know that)

Project is lookin' good.....

That's what I did 2 post up. Bought white cardboard that is easier to cut than the thick stuff.

But I also ordered a Contour Gauge the other day.

61uAzM3MQ3L._AC_SL1080_.jpg

Current to do list:

1. Sand and stain cabinet

2. Make side panel for gauge and switches

3. Make drawer for induction cooktop and install with slides

4. Cut front panel, sand, stain, install

5. Install butcherblock extension

6. Install and hook up right speaker, install 12 v outlets, water level gauge, switches for water pump and induction cooktop

7. Cut and install butcherblock

8. Hook up water faucet, water inlet, air escape hose

9. Install sink

10. Flooring and insulation

11. Bed frame with slide-out

12. Drawers under bed

13. Cut mattress

13. Frame for toilet

14. Support for desk

15. Roof rack

16. Roof vent

17. Solar panel and solar charge controller

If I get to work on it a few hours a day I should be done in 8 weeks.

THE SINGLE CAMPER PROJECT love it

I used cardboard because t was a one time use, and needed it right away,,,I'd buy that gadget but I'm trying ti cut out buying any new tools that I "may" need again...

About working outside,, yesterday I tried to hang a new hose reel, started drilling the wall with my hammer drill, got 3 holes done and I felt light headed,  that's it for the day

MrsDaka came home and gave me hell .....HIRE SOMEONE, WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT...(It;s hard to admit to yourself that you aint 40? 50? 6o? 70? any more..)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DAKA said:

THE SINGLE CAMPER PROJECT love it

I used cardboard because t was a one time use, and needed it right away,,,I'd buy that gadget but I'm trying ti cut out buying any new tools that I "may" need again...

About working outside,, yesterday I tried to hang a new hose reel, started drilling the wall with my hammer drill, got 3 holes done and I felt light headed,  that's it for the day

MrsDaka came home and gave me hell .....HIRE SOMEONE, WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT...(It;s hard to admit to yourself that you aint 40? 50? 6o? 70? any more..)

4 holes and some sawing for today. Gauge / waterpump switch / outlets panel done. Also stained the cabinet..

20210730_113643.jpg

20210730_185156.jpg

You clearly have a LOT of cash value installed in this van beyond your labor and tools such as the saw purchased for the project. 

Have you been able to obtain realistic insurance to cover the risks of loss associated with accident or theft or vandalism?

The standard automobile policy appears useless for this, beyond liability coverages. 

• Like 1

• crockett changed the title to Minivan camper build