Minivan camper build

crockett

50 minutes ago, crockett said:

Price now at 59 bucks. They have all kinds of sizes. For a matrass its rather firm, the way I like it.

Made in USA and not this China junk.

https://foamtouch.com/product/foamtouch-upholstery-foam-cushion-high-density-3-height-x-24-width-x-96-length/

Isn't that the way it always is...You buy somethin, next day the price drops.  So damn aggravating.  Thanks for the link.  I guess it's true...you can find ANYTHING on the net!!!  I love a hard bed too, and my pillow is almost a Brick. 

That's actually why I wanted to know where ya got it.  Every time we go to Sebastain, the damn bed there bout breaks me in half.  We stay 2-3 days, sometimes 4, and I swear to god I can barely walk for the next 2 days. I've slept on the floor with the comforter as the "mattress" a few times. I'll just get me one of those and throw it in the truck next time we go.  Thank you Sir!!!:patriot:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Isn't that the way it always is...You buy somethin, next day the price drops.  So damn aggravating.  Thanks for the link.  I guess it's true...you can find ANYTHING on the net!!!  I love a hard bed too, and my pillow is almost a Brick. 

That's actually why I wanted to know where ya got it.  Every time we go to Sebastain, the damn bed there bout breaks me in half.  We stay 2-3 days, sometimes 4, and I swear to god I can barely walk for the next 2 days. I've slept on the floor with the comforter as the "mattress" a few times. I'll just get me one of those and throw it in the truck next time we go.  Thank you Sir!!!:patriot:

I tried to sleep in the minivan a few times so far with no luck. It came down to the cot and the first foam I tried. That was this memory foam crap. Sucks you up like jello. When I was laying on my side, the foam gave in so much that one nose hole was closed shut by the foam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, crockett said:

I tried to sleep in the minivan a few times so far with no luck. It came down to the cot and the first foam I tried. That was this memory foam crap. Sucks you up like jello. When I was laying on my side, the foam gave in so much that one nose hole was closed shut by the foam.

HATE that crap.  I hated it just by Looking at it when it first came out!!! 

LONG ago my wife and I decided we needed 2 beads.  She likes that pillow top crap, and I need as hard as they come.  So...we bought 2 single beds and just pushed em together!!!  First thing we found out was when I or her got up at night neither one of us knew cause the bed never moved.  Best thing we ever did.  That was like...30 years ago.  I won't even put a cover on the foam.  I'll just use a single fitted sheet and a sheet on the floor to put it on.:greensupergrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

Isn't that the way it always is..********You buy somethin, next day the price drops.*********  So damn aggravating.  Thanks for the link.  I guess it's true...you can find ANYTHING on the net!!!  I love a hard bed too, and my pillow is almost a Brick. 

************  NOT GAS, AND CERTAINLY NOT STEAK THESE DAYS     :shooting-two-guns:

• Like 2

Glued the vinyl sheeting in this morning, with 2 component epoxy. That was the nastiest and most annoying job yet. That ******* stuff sticks to everything it doesn't belong to. I do not want to do this ever again.

Now trying to keep the temp down, as required by the manual. That little piece of marine grade vinyl and epoxy was 450 bucks. Feels like putting lipstick on a pig.

image.thumb.png.26a1ea6ce3fb77425286ab264785a1ba.png

34 minutes ago, crockett said:

Didn't work out. I have to add another project. Mosquito screens for 2 windows and 1 sliding door.

2 of those little shits joined the party last night and fucked me up.

Ouchey.....they sure can f up the party

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gunboat1 said:

Dude, seriously.   This is an impressive achievement.   Well done.  I wish I had half of your ability. 

Thanks. Building stuff was always my thing. I grew up in some nasty weather. Summers lasted a few weeks, most of the time it was overcast, rainy and cold. So sitting in the house and getting something started was my escape since I was a young teen. I took dead electronics apart, salvaged components, and build new devices. When my parents build a custom home, I snagged every pieces of building material left for the dumpster and build my own underground place out on the fields, with a fireplace, grill and all.

Now I can afford proper tools and they make things much easier and better looking.

At times I think there are only 3 pastimes that make me truly happy:

- everything 80s

- swimming in the ocean / being at a tropical beach

- projects and building SOMETHING

• Like 3