Jump to content
kerbie18

Bullet resistant dog toys...

Recommended Posts

I apologize if this topic has been covered already.

I have a young Beagle doggie, just entering doggie adulthood. He's about 20 pounds or so, and friendly, so he just needs to fatten up a bit to reach adulthood. He's very far from a threat to anyone.

 

He absolutely murders every doggie toy in existence. I spend 40 bucks on doggie toys and watch them turn to confetti within a matter of minutes. Is there a doggie toy he can't kill in 10 minutes?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I apologize if this topic has been covered already.

I have a young Beagle doggie, just entering doggie adulthood. He's about 20 pounds or so, and friendly, so he just needs to fatten up a bit to reach adulthood. He's very far from a threat to anyone.

 

He absolutely murders every doggie toy in existence. I spend 40 bucks on doggie toys and watch them turn to confetti within a matter of minutes. Is there a doggie toy he can't kill in 10 minutes?

Go to your closest Goodwill. Mine has an “All You Can Stuff In Our Bag For $2.99” table. My cats are run out of house and home with smaller stuffed toys from my trips to that table

They also have larger individually priced stuffed toys.

My German Shepherd enjoyed firewood - small logs about 18” long by 2” or so. Probably outdoors only though. Or maybe you don’t want to give the dog any ideas about chewing wood.

Appropriate size chunks of tire tread might work... I’ve not tried this but the stuff certainly seems tough.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Moose leg bone.

 

I'm afraid us city slickers don't have Moose parts just lying around. I envy you.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

 

Appropriate size chunks of tire tread might work... I’ve not tried this but the stuff certainly seems tough.  

The wires might not be good.

Walt's dog might like studded tires. Alaskaaaaaaaa

Edited by MO Fugga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Black and Red kongs are about as tough as you`ll get.

even they don't stand up to any of the Pitties we`ve had, my current Lil Buddie tears them to Pieces so his chewing time is limited but they last longest.

 

these are supposed to be good, i have not tried them as of yet.

https://bullymakeshop.com/

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thrift store stuffed animals. 50¢. Remove stuffing. Fill with old rags or towels. Wash with ammonia. 
 

Nylabones and Kongs

Edited by Batesmotel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here he is as a baby next to his "big sister". She is 11 pounds. He is currently twice her size. At least the sister doesn't destroy her toys....

Resized_20191201_140751.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Here's a baby picture of the little destroyer...

20191116_130018.jpg

Look at that smirk! Just look at it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Here he is as a baby next to his "big sister". She is 11 pounds. He is currently twice her size. At least the sister doesn't destroy her toys....

Resized_20191201_140751.jpg

She doesn’t need to. She has an assistant for that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had dogs (pit bull and boxer) that would eventually just crunch (and swallow) even the biggest bones we could get.  The boxer once popped a fully inflated basketball.  The pit bull chewed a bowling ball down to a golf ball.

Nylabones,  if they like them,  otherwise,  they're just a bunch of rocks laying around.  Some of our dogs like them,  others just ignored them.

(The boxer-dog once came home with a deer leg,  cleanly sawed off at the knee.  I found it in the backseat of my car (he could open car doors).  It was his best friend for several years.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dog generally tears most toys apart also.  She has had a rope toy similar to this since a puppy.  She still drags it around the house.  I also get My Border Collie the Power Chewer Nylabones.  I get the largest size I can find.  She has several different ones around the house.

The Rope style toy: https://www.chewy.com/mammoth-cottonblend-3-knot-dog-rope/dp/108571

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrB said:

My dog generally tears most toys apart also.  She has had a rope toy similar to this since a puppy.  She still drags it around the house.  I also get My Border Collie the Power Chewer Nylabones.  I get the largest size I can find.  She has several different ones around the house.

The Rope style toy: https://www.chewy.com/mammoth-cottonblend-3-knot-dog-rope/dp/108571

I like the rope toys.  I had three Rottweilers at one time and I bought about a four foot piece of one inch nylon rope, tied a knot about a foot in from each end.  In no time they had the ends all fluffed out and the tug o wars were on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could get him another dog to play with. I'm guessing he'd have a hard time destroying this. 

 

Pitbull Breeds & Types of Pitbulls - A List of Every Pitbull - The Pet Town

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nylabone is the only toy that my Chesapeake Bay Retriver has been unable to destroy.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...