You wanna be a Timber Faller? Here's your saw.

The 880 Magnum has a power head the size of a small suitcase. I have owned a few of them. The only use for those around here is as a power head for a chainsaw mill. I still have my Homelite 1130G but don't use it. My next largest current saw in the stable is a Stihl 066 with a 36" bar and chain. It used to belong to a timber faller in the PNW and is set up perfectly for that work. Big dawgs and full wrap handle bar. I have a couple McCullochs left over from my logging days near Mt St Helens. 42" bars on them. 85cc power head. High revving screamers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There were larger displacement saws built, but mostly for 2 man use. No longer mad of course. Although you can still get a helper handle to put on the end of a long bar. I have a 5' Stihl bar that is set up so it can have either another power head on the end or the helper handle. When you run with 2 power heads, one is upside down on the bar, but they are usually run in the sideways position on a mill. 

• Thanks 1

Called a red light because there is a light above where the carb adjustments are that lights up when you get the rpm's in the correct range when adjusting the jets. This is what my 066 is right down to the wrap handle and big dawgs. I had 2 of them in the same configuration, but boxed one of them up and shipped it to my brother in Wa. Funny thing is that saw was going 'back home' as it had found it's way to my part of Alaska from Kalama, Washington where it had been part of Weyerhauser's inventory back in the day, likely working at Mt. St Helens. My brother lives not far from there.

• Thanks 1