what cha getting for loved ones for christmas??

ASH

9 hours ago, janice6 said:

This year it will be money, my kids and grand children and great grandchildren would be the best present for us.  But not likely.

Remember many years past, the thought of Cocaine traces on money was a concern.  Now no one fears Virus on dollar bills.

Think mostly Benjamin’s were used for Cocaine - just another touch of conspicuous consumption. 

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

Think mostly Benjamin’s were used for Cocaine - just another touch of conspicuous consumption. 

Yes.  It started out that way but with the "mixing" of money in billfolds and banks and commerce,  every single bill in circulation in America exhibited traces of Cocaine.  

I wonder if that's still true today?

• Like 1

Got no loved ones, so I get myself some stuff lol

Scored both new consoles so far. Not easy... high demand since everyone is sitting at home this year... production can't keep up. Could flip them for double on ebay.

They go on sale online, and sell out within seconds while the websites crash due to so many folks trying to get one at the same time.

20201123_220716.jpg?width=2760&height=1242

Edited by crockett

14 hours ago, crockett said:

Got no loved ones, so I get myself some stuff lol

Scored both new consoles so far. Not easy... high demand since everyone is sitting at home this year... production can't keep up. Could flip them for double on ebay.

They go on sale online, and sell out within seconds while the websites crash due to so many folks trying to get one at the same time.

20201123_220716.jpg?width=2760&height=1242

On 11/25/2020 at 11:42 PM, janice6 said:

This year it will be money, my kids and grand children and great grandchildren would be the best present for us.  But not likely.

Remember many years past, the thought of Cocaine traces on money was a concern.  Now no one fears Virus on dollar bills.

Get your money now and air it out. I'm going to mess with my wife and give cash anyhow. An some Evan Williams Eggnog. tom. :tree:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deputy tom said:

Get your money now and air it out. I'm going to mess with my wife and give cash anyhow. An some Evan Williams Eggnog. tom. :tree:

I must be really old, because the only thing on my mind now days is "messing with my wife".  Fortunately she seems to favor tottering old fools like me.

Maybe this is the "mental illness" they talk about as a result of being "quarantined" for so long.  I really did apologize to her for my constant "badgering" today, however I was careful to not say I would stop.

Looks like money will be our fall back too.

Hope you have a wonderful holidays with your family.....

Edited by janice6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pizza_pablo said:

Not doing Christmas this year. The wife was way into Christmas, but with her passing, earlier this year, I asked the kids, both in their thirties with none of their own, if they minded if we didn't do gifts this year.
They were both cool with it.

Haven’t had interest in Christmas since my wife died either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pizza_pablo said:

Not doing Christmas this year. The wife was way into Christmas, but with her passing, earlier this year, I asked the kids, both in their thirties with none of their own, if they minded if we didn't do gifts this year.
They were both cool with it.

Very sorry for your loss sir.

• Like 2

Been lucky with my Lady.  51 years married this Sunday, went together 3 years before that...I've managed to buy her anything she's ever wanted over our married life.  Ya know what she bought me this year for anniversary?  A friggin automatic hand soap Dispenser!!!  You'd have to know me and "soap dispensers"...I Friggin LOVE it!!  Anyway...It don't take much to please us both these days.  She won't buy me no more guns or ammo...so...WTF?  I'm good to go then. I'll take a soap dispenser.

• Like 1