Jump to content
Zonny

Mysterious Display

Recommended Posts

Of M&Ms. I opened a “Fun Size” pack of M&Ms poured it into my hand and this is how they fell; no sorting involved. 
 

Do I go to Vegas, buy a lottery ticket or repent to the God of M&Ms? 

44A2E511-639C-4654-975B-4CA5B9498947.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zonny said:

Of M&Ms. I opened a “Fun Size” pack of M&Ms poured it into my hand and this is how they fell; no sorting involved. 
 

Do I go to Vegas, buy a lottery ticket or repent to the God of M&Ms? 

44A2E511-639C-4654-975B-4CA5B9498947.jpeg

Strange that they're almost all one color. The original M&M's colors were brown, red, orange, yellow, green, and violet. And then in 1949, tan replaced violet, and then in 1995, blue ended up replacing tan. And recently M&M's became available in packages of all one color.

Years ago, the rock band Van Halen put in their contracts that there had to be M&M's available backstage wherever they preformed, but that there could be no Brown M&M's. The reason they did this was not because they didn't like brown M&M's but to see how closely the show promoters were paying attention to the contract.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Strange that they're almost all one color. The original M&M's colors were brown, red, orange, yellow, green, and violet. And then in 1949, tan replaced violet, and then in 1995, blue ended up replacing tan. And recently M&M's became available in packages of all one color.

Oddly enough, below is the first part of my “pour” I thought that crazy enough that I snapped the pic and decided to continue the pour; the crazy continued. 
 

DED69A67-78E6-4A35-A54E-C32844C82CCC.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Trail Mix is an obstacle course for M&Ms

I LOVE trail mix. I don’t eat candy bars. I like “pieces”. If sweet and salty are part of the offerings, I’m even happier. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kat's meal pics are better. :599c64b322d5b_tongueout:

But seriously, that's worth buying a lotto ticket. Ya never know...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, syntaxerrorsix said:

I hate it when all I get are red "E's" instead of "M's"  Don't they have spell check?

Sometimes you get "W's" instead of E's.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Strange that they're almost all one color. The original M&M's colors were brown, red, orange, yellow, green, and violet. And then in 1949, tan replaced violet, and then in 1995, blue ended up replacing tan. And recently M&M's became available in packages of all one color.

Years ago, the rock band Van Halen put in their contracts that there had to be M&M's available backstage wherever they preformed, but that there could be no Brown M&M's. The reason they did this was not because they didn't like brown M&M's but to see how closely the show promoters were paying attention to the contract.

Van Halen's M&M's Rider — Envision Partners LLC

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zonny said:

Oddly enough, below is the first part of my “pour” I thought that crazy enough that I snapped the pic and decided to continue the pour; the crazy continued. 
 

DED69A67-78E6-4A35-A54E-C32844C82CCC.jpeg

I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but.  I suspect that's the way the filled the bag, first one color, then the next, etc.

I also have peculiar things.  One of my medications is a round pill with a very small edge to the pill.  Over half the time I drop the pill onto the counter, it stands on edge, just stays there on edge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, janice6 said:

I don't mean to be a spoil sport, but.  I suspect that's the way the filled the bag, first one color, then the next.

That could very well be but what are the odds through packing (several), shipping, all the handling and being in my home since prior to Halloween, they would stay that way? 
 

Trust me, I’ve consumed far too many M&Ms in my life ... this caught my attention. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of candy, nothing will ruin your day quicker than opening up a pack of Starbursts and your favorite color/flavor isn't in the pack!  🤬

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zonny said:

Of M&Ms. I opened a “Fun Size” pack of M&Ms poured it into my hand and this is how they fell; no sorting involved. 
 

Do I go to Vegas, buy a lottery ticket or repent to the God of M&Ms? 

44A2E511-639C-4654-975B-4CA5B9498947.jpeg

Yes, buy a lottery ticket. tom. :599c64b15e0f8_thumbsup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Maser said:

On the subject of candy, nothing will ruin your day quicker than opening up a pack of Starbursts and your favorite color/flavor isn't in the pack!  🤬

Pink?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zonny said:

That could very well be but what are the odds through packing (several), shipping, all the handling and being in my home since prior to Halloween, they would stay that way? 
 

Trust me, I’ve consumed far too many M&Ms in my life ... this caught my attention. 

I do respect your opinions.  However this is more on packaging and less on chance. 

Also the packaging is chosen to contain a certain number of M&M's and therefore less likely for the pieces to be mixed due to handling.

That said, I prefer Dark Chocolate Coated Cherry Sticks, so I do have a bias......

(I bought 6 boxes, 80 of these to a box)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I do respect your opinions.  However this is more on packaging and less on chance. 

Also the packaging is chosen to contain a certain number of M&M's and therefore less likely for the pieces to be mixed due to handling.

That said, I prefer Dark Chocolate Coated Cherry Sticks, so I do have a bias......

(I bought 6 boxes, 80 of these to a box)

I guess I'm just going to have to open a few more packs to test your conclusion  :)

Say it isn't so ...

 

Edited by Zonny
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zonny said:

I guess I'm just going to have to open a few more packs to test your conclusion  :)

:cheers:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Milk chocolate myself, but being a diabetic, I stay with Dark chocolate when ever I get to eat some.  As for M&M's ?  I got about 5 down once before it hit me...Threw up for HOURS!! Not to EVEN mention the next morning... 

Ya may not know, but the shell on the M&M's have peanut in it. I read about EVERY label on stuff nowdays.  The Key phrase for me is "Manufactured in a factory that processes peanuts".  Put that crap right back on the shelf...Now if the label says,  "Manufactured in a factory that processes Tree Nuts"...I'm good to go!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I like the Milk chocolate myself, but being a diabetic, I stay with Dark chocolate when ever I get to eat some.  As for M&M's ?  I got about 5 down once before it hit me...Threw up for HOURS!! Not to EVEN mention the next morning... 

Ya may not know, but the shell on the M&M's have peanut in it. I read about EVERY label on stuff nowdays.  The Key phrase for me is "Manufactured in a factory that processes peanuts".  Put that crap right back on the shelf...Now if the label says,  "Manufactured in a factory that processes Tree Nuts"...I'm good to go!!!

I didn't know that you had a choice of Dark Chocolate, and the info about M&M coating is new to me.  Thanks for your observation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janice6 said:

I didn't know that you had a choice of Dark Chocolate, and the info about M&M coating is new to me.  Thanks for your observation.

No, I didn't mean to say you can get Dark Chocolate M&M's, but for all I know, with the way everybody wants "Choices" now days...possibly ya can.  However, the peanut in the Shell is Real...trust me.  And, if your not deathly allergic to peanuts, you"d never know.

Here's another one for ya.  Was out on a trouble call years back and  got the munchies, so went to a gas station and popped a quarter in the machine and got me a package of "Toms Pecan Pie".  Ya know...those 2 little pies bout 1 1/2 around?  Bout the second bite I got the "Feelin" in my throat...constricting...Turned the package over and it said, "85% Pecans, 15% assorted nuts"...Friggin Peanuts. A$$HOLES!!!   Nobody else would have even know they were there.  My wife thought I'd been electrocuted when the boys carried my ass into my house..."No mam he just ate some peanuts"...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

No, I didn't mean to say you can get Dark Chocolate M&M's, but for all I know, with the way everybody wants "Choices" now days...possibly ya can.  However, the peanut in the Shell is Real...trust me.  And, if your not deathly allergic to peanuts, you"d never know.

Here's another one for ya.  Was out on a trouble call years back and  got the munchies, so went to a gas station and popped a quarter in the machine and got me a package of "Toms Pecan Pie".  Ya know...those 2 little pies bout 1 1/2 around?  Bout the second bite I got the "Feelin" in my throat...constricting...Turned the package over and it said, "85% Pecans, 15% assorted nuts"...Friggin Peanuts. A$$HOLES!!!   Nobody else would have even know they were there.  My wife thought I'd been electrocuted when the boys carried my ass into my house..."No mam he just ate some peanuts"...

I didn't mean Dark Chocolate M&M's.  I was referring to Dark Chocolate by itself.

Yes, cheap filler is preferable when after profit, so I can see what happens to increase profits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janice6 said:

I didn't mean Dark Chocolate M&M's.  I was referring to Dark Chocolate by itself.

Yes, cheap filler is preferable when after profit, so I can see what happens to increase profits.

I love the Dark Chocolate with caramel filling!!!  :dancinsmiley:

81qbHE8D8QL._SL1500_.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swampfox762 said:

I love the Dark Chocolate with caramel filling!!!  :dancinsmiley:

81qbHE8D8QL._SL1500_.jpg

And that touch of sea salt. Heaven. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...