Hearse

jmohme

3 minutes ago, Ramjet38 said:

When we buried my FIL they brought his casket in a standard personal chevy suburban.  I guess the hearses were all busy that day and it had to travel about fifty miles to the cemetary.

We had a funeral home locally that used a Dodge Caravan as a hearse. I  told my wife not to use them when I pass away. tom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Batesmotel said:

Drove a 51 in High School. We would go looking for hitch hikers. No one ever got in. 

EB70C541-3A6A-426A-BC20-59966AB462FD.jpeg

Back when I was in high school a friend and I got off work at 11pm and went to a used car lot that had a 51 caddy hearse he wanted to check out.  He found the drivers door unlocked and jumped in the driver's seat while I walked around the hearse checking it out. I looked in the back and saw a body in there.  After my heart started beating I motioned to my friend and pointed to the back.  He looked over his shoulder and I have never seen anyone exit a vehicle so fast before or since.

Turned out that a homeless man had found the drivers door unlocked also and had crawled back there to sleep.  He was just as scared as us.

• Haha 11

6 hours ago, Batesmotel said:

Drove a 51 in High School. We would go looking for hitch hikers. No one ever got in. 

EB70C541-3A6A-426A-BC20-59966AB462FD.jpeg

I knew a guy (several years older than me and a friend of a friend) who put one of those mesh grates between the drivers seat and the back seat.   He took the door handles off of the inside of the back seat and would pick up hitchhikers just to watch them freak out when they realized they'd gotten into a potential death trap.  But, that hearse is seriously cool looking.  I hear Neil Young used to drive an old Hearse.  Not sure if this is it (doesn't look like a Hearse).

neil-youngs-hearse-jas-stem.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dynactus said:

It looks like GM has reduced the ground clearance on the Suburban. That could be why it looks like a hearse now.

It's probably those gosh-awful 22 / 24 inch wheels and the 1 inch sidewall tires that Detroit is smitten with. 

I wish the Tahoe/Suburban would return to the days of being a "family hauler" for doctors and the LDS, instead of an "urban personnel carrier" for gangsters/rappers/wannabes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1