Major LGBT group urges Biden to strip accreditation of Christian schools, colleges

pipedreams

"The nation's largest LGBT advocacy group is urging the future Biden administration to help pull the accreditation of Christian colleges and schools if they don't have a policy prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity.

The Human Rights Campaign posted its goals for the Biden administration in a Nov. 11 document, Blueprint for Positive Change. The 22-page brief includes dozens of objectives for the Biden White House, but its targeting of Christian institutions would have a major impact on religious schools.

Under a current law known as the Higher Education Opportunity Act, accrediting agencies are told to ensure their standards "respect the stated mission of the institution of higher education," including a school's "religious" mission."

https://www.wnd.com/2020/11/major-lgbt-group-urges-biden-strip-accreditation-christian-schools-colleges/

• Sad 1

I guess this includes George Town, Notre Dame, Villanova, College of the Holly Cross, Catholic University,  Loyola, ahhh heck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_universities_and_colleges_in_the_United_States

Here's a list.  All 197 specifically Catholic universities.  Many of them excellent.

And we haven't even gotten to the other Christian universities that are just as good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Over my head...

Accreditation is critical to the funding of universities and more importantly the transfer of your academic credits to your next university.  

In some cases it means the ability to sit for major tests such as the state bar or medical boards.

Basically, this would strip these universities of the ability to function.   No one will want to attend a school that is not recognized as "accredited."

They are looking to shut them down because Christian schools don't agree with the LGBT agenda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Historian said:

Accreditation is critical to the funding of universities and more importantly the transfer of your academic credits to your next university.  

In some cases it means the ability to sit for major tests such as the state bar or medical boards.

Basically, this would strip these universities of the ability to function.   No one will want to attend a school that is not recognized as "accredited."

They are looking to shut them down because Christian schools don't agree with the LGBT agenda.

Democrat liberals...showing their "acceptance of diversity again I see..." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So.   To me...I know there is God...and Jesus was his son who died for all our sins.

How on earth...does what i just say offed anyone?

If you don't like what someone teaches...go somewhere else.  You don't enroll at Jerry Fallwell U if you aren't a hardcore Christian who wants a faith based education!

That's like getting into the US Nav. Academy and saying, "Oh!  I didn't know i had to learn to swim!?!"

• Like 5

I'm watching with interest to see what the effects of Covidiocy are on the colleges/universities... and hoping I'll see some free-market innovations that include certifications in place of degrees (that force you to spend two extra years and lots of $$ studying BS unrelated to your field, just so they can claim you got a "well-rounded" education, as if we are all incapable of getting that on our own) - and which will also seriously cramp the current accreditation agencies (that are frankly off the mark in determining what makes a good education).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 3:21 PM, Mrs.Cicero said:

I'm watching with interest to see what the effects of Covidiocy are on the colleges/universities... and hoping I'll see some free-market innovations that include certifications in place of degrees (that force you to spend two extra years and lots of $$ studying BS unrelated to your field, just so they can claim you got a "well-rounded" education, as if we are all incapable of getting that on our own) - and which will also seriously cramp the current accreditation agencies (that are frankly off the mark in determining what makes a good education).

There is a reason i drive a 20 year old beat up truck.  It's to make sure Little Historian gets the best possible private education we can afford.

Our problems today are a direct result of infiltration of our educational system by the extreme left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1