Kansas School Forced To Stop Participation In Christmas Toy Donation Program After Atheist, Out-Of-State Group Threatens With Lawsuit

pipedreams

"The Christian Post reported the Freedom From Religion Foundation, based in Madison, Wisconsin, sent a letter to Tony Helfrich, superintendent of the Pratt Unified School District 382, demanding it stops participating in a program managed by Samaritan’s Purse in which students collect toys, toiletries, and other items in shoe boxes to be donated to impoverished children.

Liberty Middle School must “cease participation in Operation Christmas Child or taking any other actions promoting Christianity like including religious references over morning announcements,” the FFRF letter demanded, which cited an anonymous “concerned staff member.”"

https://100percentfedup.com/kansas-school-forced-to-stop-participation-in-christmas-toy-donation-program-after-atheist-out-of-state-group-threatens-with-lawsuit/

• Like 1

I remember back in the day, when my little a$$ was in Grade school.  5th Grade I think.  We always had  a school project to make these Heart "bags" to hang on the back of our seats for Valentines day.  Our parents would buy these really small Valentine cards in like a 30 pack.  All the kids would then walk around the classroom on valentines day and put valentines in all the other kids "heart bags".  Of course, just like real life...some got more cards than other kids.  We could spot s$$holes back then pretty easily too...

Anyway...parents started complaining to the teacher that their "little Darling" didn't get as many cards as the other kids.  Didn't do that again the next year.  That might have been near the start of all this PC related Crap.  Really Sad.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, Swampfox762 said:

I remember back in the day, when my little a$$ was in Grade school.  5th Grade I think.  We always had  a school project to make these Heart "bags" to hang on the back of our seats for Valentines day.  Our parents would buy these really small Valentine cards in like a 30 pack.  All the kids would then walk around the classroom on valentines day and put valentines in all the other kids "heart bags".  Of course, just like real life...some got more cards than other kids.  We could spot s$$holes back then pretty easily too...

Anyway...parents started complaining to the teacher that their "little Darling" didn't get as many cards as the other kids.  Didn't do that again the next year.  That might have been near the start of all this PC related Crap.  Really Sad.

An early manifestation of the participation trophy syndrome. 

• Thanks 1

Stand up like a man a let them sue.  Sueing costs money and stuff to file charges.  Then you gotta find a judge that won't throw out the case.  Maybe he received, or donated toys himself in earlier times.  Find a jury that also wants to deny the youts.  

Makes great local news, says atheists dis-allow toys to be collected for needy children.  

Let God handle the aftermath.  

"I'm doing a Great thing, and cannot come down." - Nehemiah, re-biulding the walls of Isreal, when his enenies tried to lure him away and kill him.  

• Like 2