GunBroker has gotten “cute”

railfancwb

Have been using their iPhone app for years to spend money.

Started the bidding process on an item and the app went through the same steps as always starting with a re-sign-in so their server software would know it is me. At the last moment, instead of accepting and posting my bid, GunBroker gave its version of the driver’s salute.

C89012FE-B1C4-4E0E-9CA3-1D441E851329.png

• Sad 2

On 11/22/2020 at 8:17 AM, Valmet said:

Interesting that bidding feature isn’t available using the app. Usually it’s the other way around and companies encourage/force you to download their app. 

Went to their web site and put its icon on my iPhone screen. Looks like the app icon. Works fine.

Wonder if the real issue is that Apple kicked their app out because guns. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, railfancwb said:

Went to their web site and put its icon on my iPhone screen. Looks like the app icon. Works fine.

Wonder if the real issue is that Apple kicked their app out because guns. 

This is going to be because Apple will not let an app on accept payment unless it is using apple pay or whatever the apple in app payment thing is called on the iphone so they can collect their 30%, they want to be the payment processor.

So because GB accepts credit cards and other means of payment in order to have the app in the app store apple would have told them you only accept in app payment through apple or you remove the ability in the app to buy things.

Edited by Mog
clarified

17 minutes ago, Mog said:

This is going to be because Apple will not let an app on accept payment unless it is using apple pay or whatever the apple in app payment thing is called on the iphone so they can collect their 30%, they want to be the payment processor.

So because GB accepts credit cards and other means of payment in order to have the app in the app store apple would have told them you only accept in app payment through apple or you remove the ability in the app to buy things.

Awesome. Just one more reason to hate Apply, and most big tech companies, turning into a semi monopoly and ******* people over. Much like the government: once a group of people gets too big and powerful, things go South.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Valmet said:

Also heard GB is charging sales tax starting January 1. Unsure how much truth there is to that?

Suspect that will be true. Then the local FFL might want to charge sales tax as well since it has at least momentary title.

eBay is now collecting sales tax even on yard sale level transactions. I wonder how much if any of what they collect from me actually goes to my county of residence.

Brought to you by your benevolent Federal government, probably at the recommendation of Amazon. 

• Like 1