Ready For Winter??

FullClip

I always figure if I got everything ready to deal with problems, they will leave me alone and go mess with somebody who has done the prep work.

Changed the hydraulic oil in the snow plow today and tested it out.  Moved it from the summah storage area to the top of the driveway.

Changed the oil in the generator and tested it.  Tweaked the speed a bit to maintain 60Hz.  Moved it to the front of the shed and put the lawnmower in the back.

Built a "new and improved" crib for firewood just outside my back door that holds a couple weeks worth and filled that up earlier this week.

Got the shovels out of the shed...one on the back deck, and another by the front door.

Still gotta' buy a new battery for the Ski-Dooooo just in case.  The original 10 year old unit still works, but figure it's cheap insurance. (no recoil start on this unit)

Are you ready for winter??  Despite the rumors and fake news about Global Warming, it seems to always come around up here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GT4494 said:

I checked the PH in the swimming pool and made sure the deck chairs were still in good condition!!

Living in the south has its benefits!!   :sport-smiley-027:

Hope the mosquitoes drain a couple quarts from you this month!!!

Southerners always gotta' rub it in. 9_9

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, FullClip said:

Hope the mosquitoes drain a couple quarts from you this month!!!

Southerners always gotta' rub it in. 9_9

Yeah, hate to say it.  I'm about to call my mom from the back porch while sipping a bourbon...while smoking a pork loin.

Temps might make it to 75 degrees tonight. 

It snowed here twice that i know of.  I'd love to get an inch.  I'd go to work and watch all the probies rush outside and try to do lines and only suffer brain freeze.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, aomagrat said:

I despise winter.  A byproduct of spending the winter of 1982-1983 at Naval Training Center Great Lakes.

Ha-Ha.   I did my MM A school there in the 76-77 winter. Being from Maine,and young and stoopid, it wasn't too bad.   But that wind really made life interesting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GT4494 said:

I checked the PH in the swimming pool and made sure the deck chairs were still in good condition!!

Living in the south has its benefits!!   :sport-smiley-027:

You have the nasty critters that like the year around warm weather.  The cold kills ours every Winter.  Minimal Cockroaches, no poisonous snakes, and no termites.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aomagrat said:

I despise winter.  A byproduct of spending the winter of 1982-1983 at Naval Training Center Great Lakes.

I despise Winter too and am a life long resident of Minnesota.

My daughter and her family gave me my Christmas present early.  It's a Milwaukee brand jacket with a Lithium rechargeable battery pack that has an 8 hour capacity to run heaters built into the front and back of the jacket............  Take that Bitches!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Winter.  What got me to floriduh...

Was climbin an Iced pole in Rantoul Ill. 1971...  Deep January.  Had just got up bout 50 ft., and was reachin for my belt to belt off, when my hooks kicked out of the ice.  I hadn't kicked enough Ice off the pole to get my hooks in the wood.  Thank god I was wearin Carhartts.  I hugged that pole all the way down...

I hit the ground... turned around, looked at my groundman and said..."That's friggin IT!  If I'm stayin in this line of work, My a$$ is Movin to Florida!!"

What's winter? 

• Like 2

Yep, winter.  Winter here means speckled trout.  

We ate a couple tonight with some mortar and pestle romesco made with some tomatoes and peppers I picked today from the garden, and some pecans from a neighbor's tree, with a side of golden rice grits and kale from the garden with some black oyster mushrooms.  The downside was, I did see one skeeter.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Yep, winter.  Winter here means speckled trout.  

We ate a couple tonight with some mortar and pestle romesco made with some tomatoes and peppers I picked today from the garden, and some pecans from a neighbor's tree, with a side of golden rice grits and kale from the garden with some black oyster mushrooms.  The downside was, I did see one skeeter.

No skeeters here, but did enjoy some moose steak cooked up in a cast iron skillet and some basil carrots.

• Like 1