It’s getting bad at GT again

NPTim

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

I don't want to slam GT but there are a few things getting old.

I noticed a thread about CF and Flipper being gone disappeared.  Like it was never even there.  Hell close it and at least give an explanation.  I know there is the issue of privacy but just post "Well, guys, we aren't gonna talk about this crap.  Thread closed."

There were 2 different threads; the CF and Flipper one and the "suicide by mod" one. Both disappeared while I was going to the last page. I kind of understand why they nuked the latter one, but totally agree with you about the former.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billkill said:

There were 2 different threads; the CF and Flipper one and the "suicide by mod" one. Both disappeared while I was going to the last page. I kind of understand why they nuked the latter one, but totally agree with you about the former.

What sucks is when you go looking for a thread and spend way too much time trying to find it, only to realize that it must have been nuked.

Couldn't they at least leave us a note?  That goes for boards everywhere.

BTW - Has Bruno been on GT lately?  Haven't seen him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2017 at 9:20 PM, Zonny said:

A little TOO comfortable? What the **** does that mean? As comfortable as the good old boys? There's very few women that post regularly on there and I can't think of one of them that can't hold their own and would feel the need to run to the mods. Maybe I'm missing something.

All the GT ladies that I ever noted seemed to be able to take **** and dish it in spades. I don't know what's going on with GT, as I have been out of the loop a little while. I do know that our GT Sisterren (Is that a word? I don't care, as it fits.) from all the time I was there could more than hold their own. I doubt whether any of them would go whining to a mod about something. I know quite a few of them could linguistically gut some ******* causing problems. 

On 10/26/2017 at 9:29 PM, BigGiantShaft said:

Look, I don’t go on purse forums and tell the women there what’s acceptable, seems like that street should go both ways, no?

Perhaps you'd enjoy a different forum. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Eric said:

One of my Drill SGTs used to called it Wall-To-Wall Counseling. The guy had a way with words. 

"Wall-to-Wall Counseling". There's a phrase that I haven't heard in a long time.

As a young " short" Corporal I once had the pleasure of issuing some Wall-to-Wall counseling to a well deserving shitbird Private at the request of a squad leader. An after hours visit to his room, yanking him out of his bunk by the shirt collar and bouncing off of wall lockers, walls, floors, bunks and so on while administering a tongue lashing that would make a Navy man blush. His two roommates lay in their bunks silent and wide eyed through the whole session. When asked upon my preparing to leave what they saw, both offered a respectful "Nothing, Corporal". 

A week or so later the squad leader asked me what I said to the shitbird because there had been a noticeable improvement. I smiled and told him to ask the shitbird. He said that the shitbird refused to answer.

The best part was when the former Private ran into me as a civilian a couple of years later. He asked if we could speak away from the group that I was working with. I accepted expecting a confrontation. He actually thanked me and told me that it was an eye opening experience for him and it taught him to be a better soldier and team player.

We shook hands and parted as friends.

Moral of the story? Everybody needs an asskicking from time to time.

Edited by KWalrad
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Honestly, people say "the women" but I think there are two or three in particular they are referring to - at most.

I'm not saying they are right in their assessment, but I think there are only a few that they are thinking about.  There are a couple that tend to generate strong feelings in others, shall we say.

And no, not THOSE feelings......... :rofl: (except maybe one)

Agreed, the funny thing is their "power" comes from the leg humpers who feel the need to take everyone one of their posts to 10+ pages.  They could talk about blowing their nose and it is 3 pages in 20 min.  I don't get it.  I like many of the threads there but it boggles my mind that one could post about something interesting and not make it over a page but the specials go to 10 pages on picking a TP brand.

10 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

Not many people have that ability.

Which is weird.  Why would I assign any particular value to the opinion of someone I don't know well enough to respect?  (And most people I know well, I have good reason NOT to respect...)  People are weird.  I had some nutcase I barely knew in HS ( had maybe one class with her in all four years)  come up to me at our 20 year reunion all pissed off at me for giving up vegetarianism in favor of hunting bambi... and she's all "I looked UP to you in HS... (and obviously doesn't now)"  And I'm supposed to what?  Give up steak again, just so she'll stop foaming at the mouth?  WTF?  Why would I change what I think or do,  just because some incoherent PETA freak is losing her marbles at me?  

Rabbit trail complete, bunny returned to cage...

• Like 4

I have no problem with the majority of  women of GT; just the two that are self-identified Progressives and I just disagree with them on moral and political issues.  I think they get a huge pass on their political views because they are women.  Not saying that it's a good thing or a bad thing, just that it's the truth.

If a man was to espouse some of their views, he would be given a constant ration of crap from numerous posters and called some pretty nasty names.  Just like Fowl Intent and Flipper get.  But those two don't.  It's just reverse sexism is all...

• Administrators

Folks, as I've said a few times before, I've put a lot of my life into GT and I care about the place a great deal. I never allowed GT to be used to bash other sites and I would prefer it if you wouldn't use TBS to bash GT.  My relationship with both sites puts me in an uncomfortable position, when threads like this pop up. I am trying to give people more freedoms here  than I did with GT, but I would appreciate it if you all would not use TBS to air grievances with GT. Also, I do not want other sites, or people on them,  insulted here. I think everyone has had a chance to speak their piece here and I've had to remove a few fairly rude comments. I am going to close this thread. I hope you all can understand my decision on this subject, even if you don't agree with me. 

Thanks. Have a great weekend, everyone. Eric

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Eric locked this topic