Random

Mrs Glockrunner

"... Juergen Eichholtz, states, “In Europe alone, the annually recurring influenza epidemics or severe virus epidemics could be tackled through improved hygiene. The EHEC epidemic in Germany in 2011, or the recently imported Noro virus from China which paralyzed many students in German primary schools, clearly demonstrate the need for regular hand washing with soap. Washing your hands with soap is so quick and simple, yet so often neglected.

Many epidemics in the early history before soap, are known to have been avoidable if soap was more commonly used and more commonly available. The Global Handwashing Organization goes on to explain on their website, “handwashing can prevent the transmission of a variety of pathogens, it may be more effective than any single vaccine. Promoted on a wide enough scale, handwashing with soap can be thought of as a “do-it-yourself” vaccine...

Ingraining the habit of handwashing could save more lives than any single vaccine or medical intervention."

https://newyorkessays.com/essay-the-global-effect-of-the-invention-of-soap/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Ingraining the habit of handwashing could save more lives than any single vaccine or medical intervention."

https://newyorkessays.com/essay-the-global-effect-of-the-invention-of-soap/

I do most of the cookin in the house, and the preparation of most all of the food. Therefore, I'm EVER mindful of keeping my hands clean, while alternating between meat and other preparations.  No body's gettin sick from my cookin...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1