Preliminary Arex Delta 9mm Review:

Will Beararms

Folks I will get around to shooting it when ammo logistics returns to some semblance of order or I find a good deal on some tucked away on the shelf of a hardware store in the middle of nowhere. 

I will start with the negatives. There is only one holster maker for these pistols currently stateside and that maker is ANR. The rough grip some speak of does not bother me and the difficult Mag release some speak of is fine to be. Take down and re-assembly is easy but takes some getting used to. You don’t slide the slide back onto the frame. You lower it into the mating notches  and then slide it home. 

One the pro side, the pistol is solid. The internals are beefy. I will do my best to post pics showing this soon. The pistol feels good in the hand and the trigger is good as good can be for a polymer frame pistol in the eyes of a man who believes a finely tuned 1911 trigger is paradise. I’ll let you split hairs on set, re-set and what not.  The magazine ejection is positive and insertion is crisp. The fit and finish for a mass produced polymer frame handgun is very good. The sights are very good and the rear bitch (Edit: The rear notch can be a bitch—-not sure why that came out like that.) is wide enough for these 56 year old eyes to quickly pick up. I really like the blacked out rear sight —— so much so, I plan to gradually transition all of my handguns to this configuration. The little red cocking indicator is not a big deal and actually a plus as it enables you to ride it with the thumb during re-holster to prevent a negligent discharge.The slide stop lever works very well. The controls are effective but unobtrusive. IMHO, it is the ideal size for a CHL option——small enough to hide; large enough to easily shoot accurately.  It comes with a cleaning kit, a hard case, one 15 round and one 17 round mag.  Here are some pictures. Will do an update once I shoot it. 

I’ve let some sleepers go that turned out to be great firearms. Most notably was a Norinco 1911 that I should still have. I believe this one is a sleeper and I will do my nest to hold on to it. Since it hails from Slovenia, I’ve christened her Melania. Meet Melania. 

67CD7ACA-2912-4F38-BD24-079121413912.jpeg

B743168C-CA3E-48F6-9D4C-9462681BBA3D.jpeg

4A7C08EE-780A-4BC9-9FDF-D9D43D6023F0.jpeg

7843503F-7B9C-4452-9A9D-642727403C91.jpeg

Edited by Will Beararms
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

That's very interesting.  Somehow, I completely missed the existence of this pistol.  It looks sharp.  Have you done any shooting with it yet?

Oddly, the website calls it an Arex Delta in print even though the slide only says "REX delta" and the A in Arex looks more like a delta than an A as if it should be read "Delta-Rex".  It's almost like they never settled on a branding decision before going to market.

I like that it appears to be slim for it's size and that it is lefty friendly.  But, while I have been selling off my Glocks and it is an appealing candidate, I'm trying to keep my collection manageable.  I'm pretty satisfied with the S&Ws I've been moving back to as well as the P365 variants I've acquired, so I'll just await your reports and enjoy this one vicariously.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 9:31 AM, Maccabeus said:

That's very interesting.  Somehow, I completely missed the existence of this pistol.  It looks sharp.  Have you done any shooting with it yet?

Oddly, the website calls it an Arex Delta in print even though the slide only says "REX delta" and the A in Arex looks more like a delta than an A as if it should be read "Delta-Rex".  It's almost like they never settled on a branding decision before going to market.

I like that it appears to be slim for it's size and that it is lefty friendly.  But, while I have been selling off my Glocks and it is an appealing candidate, I'm trying to keep my collection manageable.  I'm pretty satisfied with the S&Ws I've been moving back to as well as the P365 variants I've acquired, so I'll just await your reports and enjoy this one vicariously.

AREX is the manufacturer. Rex is the name of the model. They have the Rex Zero, Rex Alpha and Rex Delta. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1