Sign in to follow this  
Fog

Had to walk home

Saw a young boy walking on the side of the road. I thought he looked a little young to be out by himself on a busy road, he was about first grade. I'd decided to stop and make sure he was ok, he was walking in a way that indicated he was in some sort of trouble and a bit of a hurry.

I noticed that another car seemed to be watching him as well so I pulled up and asked the man inside if he knew the boy. He said he did, it was his son, and the son had been kicked off the school bus for bad behavior. Dad told me he was making the son walk all the way home so he would learn to behave on the bus. I'm guessing it was no more than a mile or two to his home, no distance at all to a healthy lad. I told the dad good job and went on my way.

Really impressed that there are still parents out there that will make their kids behave. That dad was doing that boy a huge favor, he might even turn out all right someday.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Don’t hear things like that much these days. Glad to hear there’s still some parents out there that hold their kids accountable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

at early ages i taught my daughters how and what to do if get flat tire , etc  jump it off .  i will never forget my first born about 10 years i let out the air and told her i needed her to change tire  , she waited and said i cant  you do it ,  i said i will show you but do it for you .  

but flash forward to now my one daughter has a loaded optima that mfer dont even have a spare tire  just a effing can of fix a flat . i degress.  but hey know what wrenchs to use , etc  they can use any power tool i own .   just got my 4 year old a grandkid dremel to teach her some stuff.   i stopped by her firends crib to pic her up today and she came out like this .  friggin to fast growing !!!!

121336911_10157753611635838_4092687854294598597_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Girls are great fun, and capable!

My son brought his daughter (my Grand daughter) to my house to learn how to use a 12 inch Bandsaw.  She had a project.

Then she went to the woodshop at school and told them she wanted to use their band saw.  She was able to tell them she had experience.  She's now the proud owner of a Winchester Model 74 in .22 short, that I got from my father when I was about 8 years old.

She's cool.

• Like 3