Chased for6minutes by a Mountain Lion

Lots of rocks, a lot earlier than 6 minutes in.

Dude, a 12 pound house cat will KICK YOUR ASS. Imagine a cat 10 times as big, wild, and angry.  Fortunately, I hear they're kinda fragile, like coyotes, when they get lead poisoning.

Did I hear the guy right, bemoaning not having a gun?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

When it started walking towards me, I would have a .45 out and aimed.  When and if it came within 50 feet, I would see how many of those 15 rounds would land on the cat.  I would never turn my back on it.

You may think you are disengaging with it, but a predator sees that as a weakness!

I love critters, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be some kitty's dinner!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 3

Dear moron, 

Stay away from the baby kitties.  Pack a gun and a knife, use accordingly.  

Cougars are ambush attackers.  In the absence of a weapon, pull your shirt or jacket above your head growl, and stand your ground or advance on it.  Throw rocks or sticks.  They don't like that.

I'd hate to orphan the two munchkin cats, but if my kids were with me, I would throw a bunch of 10mm at it right now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Al Czervik said:

Dear moron, 

Stay away from the baby kitties.  Pack a gun and a knife, use accordingly.  

Cougars are ambush attackers.  In the absence of a weapon, pull your shirt or jacket above your head growl, and stand your ground or advance on it.  Throw rocks or sticks.  They don't like that.

I'd hate to orphan the two munchkin cats, but if my kids were with me, I would throw a bunch of 10mm at it right now.

I'd not only orphan those cubs, I'd skin 'em out and hang them on the wall. The mother was young and stupid. I might have made them all pay, or took the cubs home as pets.

• Like 1

That was definitely a "GTFOH, man," action by the cat. Not a "Come here, dinner."

Everything I've ever read, you don't see the cat that attacks you to eat you. I'd imagine if she was thinking about eating him, she woulda slinked off, hid the kids, then snuck back around behind him.

Of course, that's MMQB-ing.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 10:05 PM, tadbart said:

Dude, a 12 pound house cat will KICK YOUR ASS. Imagine a cat 10 times as big, wild, and angry. 

And...just the other day you said as Florida man you wanted to chuck a Bobcat through a drive through  window.

?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Historian said:

And...just the other day you said as Florida man you wanted to chuck a Bobcat through a drive through  window.

?‍♂️

Florida Man is a mystery, wrapped in a conundrum, inside a riddle. He's in the mist, and all over the place, mannn. :biggrin:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Never seen a catamount in the wild, but my blood is still a little curdled from the pre-dawn scream of a bobcat I heard while hunting in 1964...

Twice I have heard screaming in the woods of the PNW. Once at night. Sounded like a woman being murdered with a knife. Once during the day while deer hunting. A single long loud scream. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, janice6 said:

One night the wife and I heard what sounded like a baby being brutally murdered.  The next morning, nothing outside the bedroom window.

People say that's the sound of a Rabbit being attacked.  All I know was that it sounded terrible.

I've heard snow shoe hares being mauled. What I heard was way up the scale from that. My hair stood on end. My brother and my friend and I GTFO real quick. And we were armed to the teeth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, janice6 said:

One night the wife and I heard what sounded like a baby being brutally murdered.  The next morning, nothing outside the bedroom window.

People say that's the sound of a Rabbit being attacked.  All I know was that it sounded terrible.

Coyotes used to Eat Hares right outside our House, and Yes it sounds like a Baby on fire being Put out with a Fork..

then the Baying of the rest of the pack, really freaked people out.

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Foxes mating & playing sound like that.

• Thanks 1