TBS expenses

Ricordo

I wore one of the first leathermans (early '80s?) on my belt for many years.  It has 'Marlboro' engraved into it,  because I sent in "miles" to get it.

After realizing that I only, actually, used it twice per year,  I quit carrying it.

I still have it.  It's my go-to tool in my top desk drawer.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

I wore one of the first leathermans (early '80s?) on my belt for many years.  It has 'Marlboro' engraved into it,  because I sent in "miles" to get it.

After realizing that I only, actually, used it twice per year,  I quit carrying it.

I still have it.  It's my go-to tool in my top desk drawer.

I quit carrying mine before my state had CCW.  It drew strange attention on my hip.  I worked it so it was a tool, not a threat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Historian said:

Interesting.

My top desk drawer go to is a 1911.

You have move options.

You're bringing a gun to a leatherman fight?!?

I could file-down your firing pin.

Or saw your trigger off.

Unscrew your sights.

But only if you are a really slow shot.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

You're bringing a gun to a leatherman fight?!?

I could file-down your firing pin.

Or saw your trigger off.

Unscrew your sights.

But only if you are a really slow shot.

Hey, man.  This desk i type from has 12 screw drivers ad five pairs of needle nose pliers and snips directly mounted to the shelving next to it.

I can righty tighty lefty losey with anyone at any time!   I'm a craftsman tool junkie.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 1:36 PM, Eric said:

Yeah, you can do CC through Pay Pal. I think that some folks have an objection to using Pay Pal at all though. Good point though. PP can be used to pay by CC without having a PP account. 

This is what I did.  I hate PP, but sometimes it's the only option... having said that, right now my Chase credit card gives me 5% back on everything I buy with the CC thru PP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

On the plus side, Silver Patron status lets people know we donated, without them knowing just how cheap we really are.

If you were really that cheap, you'd be demanding Eric supply 501.C.3. information from Eric before paying.

• Haha 1

• Administrators

OK, it has been a PITA, but it looks like the donations app is now working properly. Everything should now be working. If you donate and your account doesn’t get changed to reflect it (You should also receive a Private Message acknowledging the donation, please let me know. Thanks again to you all. Eric

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just within the last few days my android smartphone is catching banner and pop-up ads all the sudden on your site. If it's you paying the bills, I honestly don't blame you for paying the bills. I'm just wondering if I have a software shortcoming on my end. Maybe I need an upgrade...Ah hell it's probably me...

In my own defense, the original site isn't giving me random pop-up ads.

Edited by kerbie18

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Just within the last few days my android smartphone is catching banner and pop-up ads all the sudden on your site. If it's you paying the bills, I honestly don't blame you for paying the bills. I'm just wondering if I have a software shortcoming on my end. Maybe I need an upgrade...Ah hell it's probably me...

In my own defense, the original site isn't giving me random pop-up ads.

No, it's probably not you. I am running a Google AdSense test right now, but I did not know it was serving any ads to anyone, especially popup ads.

I am trying to create some revenue beyond donations for the site, but I do not want to beat people up with ads. Google doesn't give me a lot of control over the process and I am new to using their system. I have stopped the ad experiment and I won't run any more of their ads until I have control over how and where they display. I apologize if these ads bugged anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

No, it's probably not you. I am running a Google AdSense test right now, but I did not know it was serving any ads to anyone, especially popup ads.

I am trying to create some revenue beyond donations for the site, but I do not want to beat people up with ads. Google doesn't give me a lot of control over the process and I am new to using their system. I have stopped the ad experiment and I won't run any more of their ads until I have control over how and where they display. I apologize if these ads bugged anyone.

Certainly no need to apologize. I'll accept an ad here or there to support the site. That's typical of most sites.

My smartphone doesn't have any ad blocker, at this moment, so I kinda got brow beaten by the site there for a little while. It was worth the entertainment.

• Like 2

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I'm more than willing to accept the ads if that's what it takes to keep this site healthy, no doubt.

I appreciate. I’ll be implementing something, but I’ll keep it as unobtrusive as possible. 

• Like 1

On the other hand, the ads are strongly suggesting I need to purchase a ridiculously powerful sport motorcycle. Something that will quickly kill me at 250 mph with a smile on my face.

It's scary and very accurate that the ads knew I have a soft spot for motorcycles. I reluctantly gave them up to avoid orfaning my kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Eric unpinned this topic