Phrases ya just don't hear much anymore

Swampfox762

59 minutes ago, Historian said:

What's that cat's story.

You can you make a Carbon copy.

Don't touch that dial.

Don't forget to pull the chain

Don't take any wooden nickels.

Whistle while you work, Hitler is a jerk.

Whistle while you work, Hitler is a jerk, Mussolini bit his..... LOL. tom. :whistling:?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There i was in the salt mine with a cup of burnt Joe that might have used some love from an armored heifer to take it's bite away.

That's when she walked in.  A tall blonde, with yams from the floor to heaven.  She has the look of a desperate dame.  One who wanted a gum shoe like me to make a play on her needs.  You knew she was someones old lady. You knew Mr Money Bags was there somewhere i the background.

Like i said, a cookie with problems.  

I thought what the hell. Clams were not falling like penny's from heaven.  I was light on greenbacks. She looked like she could be on the beam to makin my bill fold fat again.

So i figured i needed to hear this broad's story. But i didn't want to seem like too much of eager beaver, or too much of a rookie, this wasn't my first dance with a jive bomber.

I had well laid plans to be her ace in the hole. This one could be above my pay grade but i figured i knew this cat's kind.

That's when i ask the dish to have a seat and stuck around.  Toots could take powder later.  The last thing i wanted her to do was run out of gas.  She could be a real pain the neck at that point.

And that's not what i need.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

There i was in the salt mine with a cup of burnt Joe that might have used some love from an armored heifer to take it's bite away.

That's when she walked in.  A tall blonde, with yams from the floor to heaven.  She has the look of a desperate dame.  One who wanted a gum shoe like me to make a play on her needs.  You knew she was someones old lady. You knew Mr Money Bags was there somewhere i the background.

I thought what the hell. Clams were not falling like penny's from heaven.  I was light on greenbacks. She looked like she could be on the beam to makin my bill fold fat again.

So i figured i needed to hear this broad's story. But i didn't want to seem like too much of eager beaver, or too much of a rookie, this wasn't my first dance with a jive bomber.

I had well laid plans to be here ace in the hole. This one could be above my pay grade but i figured i knew this cat's kind.

That's when i ask the dish to have a seat and stuck around.  Toots could take powder later.  The last thing i wanted her to do was run out of gas.  She could be areal pain the neck at that point.

That sounds like a Travis McGee Novel!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Historian said:

I had well laid plans to be her ace in the hole. This one could be above my pay grade but i figured i knew this cat's kind.

That's when i ask the dish to have a seat and stuck around.  Toots could take powder later.  The last thing i wanted her to do was run out of gas.  She could be a real pain the neck at that point.

with yams from the floor to heaven.  Legs are called Gams. tom. :whistling:

51 minutes ago, deputy tom said:

I painted that on my van in the early 70s. Mine even had cats paw on the heel. tom.

Image result for Keep on truckin

When we got married the photographer wanted a picture of us leaving the alter. I had my foot angled up  like that and he asked why. I told him I wanted an action shot not a flat footed posed shot. Still have it up in the attic I believe. tom.

• Thanks 1