Rick Moranis attacked while walking near NYC's Central Park(video)

TBO

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Historian said:

Springsteen played as the wall fell, Eric

East Germany was no more (well except for an island Cuba gave them, that was technically never, given back West Germany or returned to Cuba.

Unfortunately, so did David Hasselhof and in a baterry-powered jacket with blinking lights no less. It was horrifying. The Boss should have kicked his ass for that.

12 hours ago, Historian said:

Eric is time traveling!    Music can do that.

My wife's new car has that Sirius radio trial thing, and she has it set on a "Sounds of the 70s" channel (one of the very few "non-crap-hop" options). I find that I can name every song in five notes or less. :supergrin:

I was telling her the other day as we were riding that the music made me want to call Job Control and check in (I was an ICBM tech during the 70s...)

• Like 3

On 10/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, Eric said:

This one is kind of onscure, but I think it is my favorite Billy Joel song:

Whenever I hear this, I always have the thought I'm hearing a Beatles song, before I realize it's Billy Joel.  Everything about the tune, the chords, even the way Billy Joel sings it just sounds Beatle-ish to me.  I'm sure there is some Music Theory-related reason why, that my oldest daughter could probably tell me, but I sure don't know why it does that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Whenever I hear this, I always have the thought I'm hearing a Beatles song, before I realize it's Billy Joel.  Everything about the tune, the chords, even the way Billy Joel sings it just sounds Beatle-ish to me.  I'm sure there is some Music Theory-related reason why, that my oldest daughter could probably tell me, but I sure don't know why it does that.

I can see where you get that. Blackbird seems the closest I can think of. Tears For Fears song Sowing The Seeds Of Love always sounded Beatlesque to me as well.

• Thanks 1