Couliflower Pizza

Eric

18 hours ago, Eric said:

Guys, the crust is made from cauliflower, among other things. There isn’t cauliflower on the pizza. I couldn’t tell the difference between the cauliflower crust and regular thin crust. 

I dunno, man. Sometimes a fella just has to stand on his principles. I think pizza crust made outta albino broccoli is one of those times. Ewww.

• Haha 1

I've got nothing against a cauliflower pizza crust as long as it tastes OK and you put normal pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings on it. But I only want NORMAL toppings on my pizza like Italian sausage, Pepperoni, onions, garlic, an d mushrooms and I don't want chicken or Kiwi or any other kinds of weird fruits or vegetables on a pizza. Hawaiian pizza with pineapple, shrimp, and Canadian bacon is about as wiggy as I ever want to get.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

I've got nothing against a cauliflower pizza crust as long as it tastes OK and you put normal pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings on it. But I only want NORMAL toppings on my pizza like Italian sausage, Pepperoni, onions, garlic, an d mushrooms and I don't want chicken or Kiwi or any other kinds of weird fruits or vegetables on a pizza. Hawaiian pizza with pineapple, shrimp, and Canadian bacon is about as wiggy as I ever want to get.

An anchovies.

No pizza should come without anchovies.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

That pic in my OP was just a stock photo I found online. The pizza we had was a meat lover's pizza. With the exception of mushrooms, I don't want any other veg toppings on the pizza, and for the potential smartass out there who may be getting ready to point out that a mushroom is not a vegatable, I know, but it doesn't run away when I approach it or bleed when I cut it. :biggrin:

Oh, there is one veg I do like on a pizza and that is jalapeños. I love them on damned near anything.

BTW, Mazzio's uses that spicy pizza sauce that Ken's pizza used to use. It isn't hot, but it has just the tiniest bite. I really hate sweet marinara/pizza sauces. A spicy pizza sauce is definitely my preferred sauce.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric said:

BTW, Mazzio's uses that spicy pizza sauce that Ken's pizza used to use. It isn't hot, but it has just the tiniest bite. I really hate sweet marinara/pizza sauces. A spicy pizza sauce is definitely my preferred sauce.

But your ok with fruits on your pizza...because tomatoes are a fruit?

This has always made me wonder if ketchup is really fruit smoothy.

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Historian said:

But your ok with fruits on your pizza...because tomatoes are a fruit?

This has always made me wonder if ketchup is really fruit smoothy.

Nothing wrong with Love Apples. Just don't try to put any pinaepple on there. Whoever thought tha up needs his ass kicked.

8 minutes ago, Eric said:

Nothing wrong with Love Apples. Just don't try to put any pinaepple on there. Whoever thought tha up needs his ass kicked.

Seriously.  The only reason to have pineapple on a pie is your in Hawaii. Otherwise.  Negative.

I like onions on my pizza too.

An anchovies.  Love those salty fish.

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Historian said:

Seriously.  The only reason to have pineapple on a pie is your in Hawaii. Otherwise.  Negative.

I like onions on my pizza too.

An anchovies.  Love those salty fish.

Not a fan of onions on pizza. I don't mind anchovies.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I like my toppings under the cheese, so they don't crisp up. That's how Godfathers Pizza used to do it and I loved it. Except for the jalapeños. I like them to crisp a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

Not a fan of onions on pizza. I don't mind anchovies.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I like my toppings under the cheese, so they don't crisp up. That's how Godfathers Pizza used to do it and I loved it. Except for the jalapeños. I like them to crisp a bit.

Im good with putting the good stuff under the cheese.  But i think the sauce is very much under rated.  Good sauces is as important as good bread.

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Historian said:

Im good with putting the good stuff under the cheese.  But i think the sauce is very much under rated.  Good sauces is as important as good bread.

I don't like sweet sauce and I don't like the pizza swimming in it, but I don't want it dry either. I'm not a fan of really chunky sauce and like I've said, I'd like it to have a bite. I like a little olive oil on it and I like it when they toss some corn meal under the pizza before they bake it. I'm not picky at all. :biggrin:

Just now, Eric said:

I don't like sweet sauce and I don't like the pizza swimming in it, but I don't want it dry either. I'm not a fan of really chunky sauce and like I've said, I'd like it to have a bite. I like a little olive oil on it and I like it when they toss some corn meal under the pizza before they bake it. I'm not picky at all. :biggrin:

Not at all picky, Eric.

Just specific.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Historian said:

Not only do i love garlic.  But it keeps my sister-in-law away.

It's even good for you.  Garlic.  Not the sister-in-law. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I roast a dozen bulbs or so of garlic every couple of weeks and use it in everything I cook. The roasting adds a lot of flavor. It also mellows the garlic. It is hard to put too much roasted garlic into something. It just will never overpower you. I like to eat the roast cloves of garlic right out of the pan, when they come out of the oven. Good stuff.

7 hours ago, Eric said:

That pic in my OP was just a stock photo I found online. The pizza we had was a meat lover's pizza. With the exception of mushrooms, I don't want any other veg toppings on the pizza, and for the potential smartass out there who may be getting ready to point out that a mushroom is not a vegatable, I know, but it doesn't run away when I approach it or bleed when I cut it. :biggrin:

Oh, there is one veg I do like on a pizza and that is jalapeños. I love them on damned near anything.

Jalapeño peppers are good, I don't really care for Bell peppers, however. A few anchoies aren't bad either, but not to many and Salami and prosciutto are good, too. and fresh garlic.

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Jalapeño peppers are good, I don't realy car for Bell peppers, however. A few anchoies aren't bad either, but not to many and Salami and prosciutto are good, too. and fresh garlic.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of bell peppers in anything. I've found their taste unpleasant since I was a kid.

16 hours ago, NPTim said:

If only, it’s only ghost broccoli.

Maybe albino broccoli is a better term. But whatever you call it, It's basically the same thing. It looks a lot alike  except broccoli has stems but they both taste pretty much the same. And it you like one, you'll probably like the other.

• Thanks 1