Couliflower Pizza

Eric

• Administrators

My brother is doing the Keto diet and tonight he ordered a Couliflower pizza from a place called Mazzio's. I tried it and I was impressed with it. I usually eat thin crust on those occassions that I eat pizza and if I hadn't known I was eating a crust made from couliflower, I wouldn't have known the difference. The texture was good and it was very tasty. They have a Keto menu, if any of y'all are doing Keto and are near a Mazzio's. I used to love Ken's Pizza when I was a kid. Apparently Mazzio's bought them out, but kept several of their producst on the menu. They still use their pizza sause, for instance. Good stuff.

cauliflower-crust-mobile.png.3e1820cbb5d72f6484dbc918a2577bb3.png

Cauliflower is a great venue for all kinds of things. It doesn't have a lot of taste on it's own, so mashed potatoes, rice in recopies, potato salad, flat breads, and all kinds of creations can be made. Spaghetti squash is extremely versatile as well. Yes, you can tell the difference between it and pasta, but that is about it, unless you are dead set on pasta.

A very versatile vegetable.

Edited by LostinTexas

20 minutes ago, Eric said:

Guys, the crust is made from cauliflower, among other things. There isn’t cauliflower on the pizza. I couldn’t tell the difference between the cauliflower crust and regular thin crust. 

I have eaten many of them! And if you're on a diet...have mercy they are the cure for that crave.   Love them.  With anchovies. 

And i can tell a little bit of a difference between cauliflower and...real crust...but not much!!

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, Historian said:

I have also had cauliflower roasted with wing sauce on it.  Very nice.

Not breaded wings but still quiet a tasty treat!

They have that at Buffalo Wild Wings. My brother was talking just today about trying it.  

2 minutes ago, Eric said:

They have that at Buffalo Wild Wings. My brother was talking just today about trying it.  

I like it enough to make it at home.  It's nice.

Again you have to pick your healthy options.

Today i had wings for lunch with a couple of buddies and it was quiet tasty.   Funny, in lock down how much i wanted some wings.  And a pizza.

Edited by Historian

I've had frozen cauliflower crust pizza, and it was disgusting.  I had to throw it out, and I never waste food.  It just made the whole pizza smell wrong, and the texture was disturbing.  I'm sure there are other places that do it better fresh, but I was so put off by the first experience, that I don't think I could ever eat it now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I think wars have been fought over less.........

If i remember correctly Honduras and Nicaragua had a war over a soccer game.

Ayep.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48673853

In 1969, El Salvador and Honduras fought a four-day conflict that cost thousands of lives and displaced thousands more - a bloody struggle still remembered as the Football War.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Historian said:

If i remember correctly Honduras and Nicaragua had a war over a soccer game.

Ayep.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48673853

In 1969, El Salvador and Honduras fought a four-day conflict that cost thousands of lives and displaced thousands more - a bloody struggle still remembered as the Football War.

Yep, and a P-51D Mustang was shot down by an F4U-5 Corsair. That was the venerable P-51 Mustang's last use in combat. It was also the last known arial combat between piston-engine fighters.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yep, and a P-51D Mustang was shot down by an F4U-5 Corsair. That was the venerable P-51 Mustang's last use in combat. It was also the last known arial combat between piston-engine fighters.

Ok, one day when i host a TV show on history, Eric has to be there!  Co-host.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Historian said:

Ok, one day when i host a TV show on history, Eric has to be there!  Co-host.

It's a bit of an ignonimous wrap to the careers of such mighty warriors. They were built to fight and win the Second World War and they ended their careers (Actually, I believe the F4U lasted a bit longer as a ground attack aircraft), fighting over a damned soccer match.

It probably came down more to the pilots than anything, but when I learned of this air battle in high school, the fact that the Corsair won brought a smile to my face. It has always been my favorite WWII fighter aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eric said:

It probably came down more to the pilots than anything, but when I learned of this air battle in high school, the fact that the Corsair won brought a smile to my face. It has always been my favorite WWII fighter aircraft.

Yeah, well that airplane was very special.

I think it was the sexiest thing to ever fly.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Historian said:

Yeah, well that airplane was very special.

I think it was the sexiest thing to ever fly.

It was and with a cool nickname like 'Whistling Death', how could it fail.

Every really successful combat aircraft needs a cool nickname, like the Warthog, or the Thud, or the ThunderScreech. OK, the ThunderScreech was never more than a prototype, but it is considered the loudest propeller aircraft in history and the fastest or second fastest propeller aircraft in history, depending on who you ask. It is is also, by far, the coolest aircraft nickname in history.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

It's a bit of an ignonimous wrap to the careers of such mighty warriors. They were built to fight and win the Second World War and they ended their careers (Actually, I believe the F4U lasted a bit longer as a ground attack aircraft), fighting over a damned soccer match.

Honduras retired their F4U Corsair fleet in 1979.

I believe that the F4U holds the record for the longest propeller-driven military aircraft production: from 1942 into the mid-1950s, if I recall.

No aircraft will eclipse the B-52 record as the longest in active service.

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, tous said:

Honduras retired their F4U Corsair fleet in 1979.

I believe that the F4U holds the record for the longest propeller-driven military aircraft production: from 1942 into the mid-1950s, if I recall.

No aircraft will eclipse the B-52 record as the longest in active service.

I lived in Tucson when I was in 8th grade. We lived near Davis Monthan AFB and I used to love watching B-52s take off and land. It was an amazing sight to see one land in a strong crosswind. It just didn't look like that should be happening that way.

• Like 1

This is thread drift -- heck, it's thread hard right rudder, however ...

There is a major four-lane road in north St. Louis county (Lindbergh Boulevard) that edges along the northern portion of Lambert St. Louis airport.  There was a paved area off of this  road that was the north end of the runways; great for sitting and watching aircraft fly over you at 500 feet.  I spent more than a few days and nights there.

There is also a big empty field where they did fire-fighting drills and McDonnell Douglas tested the AV8-B and the early UAVs.

So, one Friday afternoon, we're out in the field testing an AV8-B.  I don't recall just what we were testing, but the test pilot was slowly going fore and aft, they side to side, hovering, doing zero-radius turns and other standard maneuvers.

I had my head down in my clipboard and was wearing ear muffs, and I heard a car horn and I happened to look in the near distance and dang, there were cars lined up along Lindbergh, four lanes deep as far as the eye could see.  The chain link fence at the edge of the airport property was solid people, all watching the Harrier do its thing.

Keep in mind, that road is a major artery, crowded under the best of times, yet folk just parked their cars in the road to watch the airshow we had no idea we were performing.  After we put the jet away, folk went back to the cars and went about their business.

No riots, very few complaints, even a smattering of applause.  The civil society of the early 1980s.

:crylikeender:

NB when F-15 Eagles launched at Lambert, even years after they were common, everything stopped so folk could watch them.  They didn't perform unrestricted climbs very often, but when they did -- it was breath-taking.  Or when the Missouri Air Guard's F-4s launched in tandem on full blower; so loud you thought that the world was coming to and end, but you had to watch.

• Thanks 1