Jump to content
holyjohnson

R.B.G. is D.O.A.

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Now if we could put the screws to the turncoat, Murkowski.

You bet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gwalchmai said:

Sounds like her constituents sent her a wake-up call.

Or the other Republicans pointed out that her lack of support would be remembered.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Tell me again, why don't I trust her!

Flip flops more than a Alaskan salmon tryin to get away from a bear?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Tell me again, why don't I trust her!

More flip floppin than the flapjack cook at a luberjack convention?

Edited by Historian
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Sounds like her constituents sent her a wake-up call.

My wife has been blasting the hell out of her face book page.  So have a lot of others.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Sounds like her constituents sent her a wake-up call.

More flip floppin than a Arabian belly dancer?

I can go on with this for a while.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Associate Justice Ginsberg will lie in state in the United States Capitol, a signal honor, yet one denied to her colleague Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.

Thus, it appears that only Marxists and their minions have leave to use the Capitol Building.

:miff:

It is not correct when the media claims that Associate Justice Ginsberg will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol building.

Perhaps she will be the first woman thus honored in the National Statuary Hall, but I recall, and confirmed, that Rosa Parks laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda in 2005.

I believe that Ms.  Parks was female.

Thus, the media liars are technically correct, just misleading.

Ah, but the professional liars never lie, they simply misspeak.

:shocked:

Gosh, they've never done that before.

 

Edited by tous
more stuff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tous said:

So, Associate Justice Ginsberg will lie in state in the United States Capitol, a signal honor, yet one denied to her colleague Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.

Thus, it appears that only Marxists and their minions have leave to use the Capitol Building.

:miff:

It is not correct when the media claims that Associate Justice Ginsberg will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol building.

Perhaps she will be the first woman thus honored in the National Statuary Hall, but I recall, and confirmed, that Rosa Parks laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda in 2005.

I believe that Ms.  Parks was female.

Thus, the media liars are technically correct, just misleading.

Ah, but the professional liars never lie, they simply misspeak.

:shocked:

Gosh, they've never done that before.

 

:goodpost:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If humanly possible, I'd like the Dems to go a little bit crazier.

It's not like no one is noticing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 7:10 AM, Historian said:

Romney just pledged he'd vote for the replacement!

Well he might be a slightly better POS than McCain. Maybe his Utah LDS constituents gave him a blast of ****? I lived there for 8 years and there were definitely more conservative Mormons than liberal ones but a fair number of those were conservative lite and fine with Orrin :ack2: Hatch. My own brother was all in for Romney early in 2012, I suspect because of the church but when I asked him he denied that was the reason. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26isbest said:

Well he might be a slightly better POS than McCain. Maybe his Utah LDS constituents gave him a blast of ****? I lived there for 8 years and there were definitely more conservative Mormons than liberal ones but a fair number of those were conservative lite and fine with Orrin :ack2: Hatch. My own brother was all in for Romney early in 2012, I suspect because of the church but when I asked him he denied that was the reason. 

I briefly dated a Mormon girl in college.  Lovely person.  Very pretty blonde.  Her family was VERY conservative.   

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 7:02 AM, Historian said:

This is unreal.  She reversed.

Alaska’s Sen. Murkowski says she can’t rule out voting for Trump’s Supreme Court pick

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/09/22/alaskas-sen-murkowski-says-she-cant-rule-out-voting-for-trumps-supreme-court-pick/

Sounds like double-talk to me, like she's trying to have it both ways.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

Sounds like double-talk to me, like she's trying to have it both ways.

My bet is she tries to split the difference by voting for the procedure to continue but vote against the person.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walt Longmire said:

<<<<<<This one emailed her.

I swear i misread this and thought you said,

<<<<This one embalmed her.

I need my eyes checked.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tous said:

So, Associate Justice Ginsberg will lie in state in the United States Capitol, a signal honor, yet one denied to her colleague Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.

Thus, it appears that only Marxists and their minions have leave to use the Capitol Building.

:miff:

It is not correct when the media claims that Associate Justice Ginsberg will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol building.

Perhaps she will be the first woman thus honored in the National Statuary Hall, but I recall, and confirmed, that Rosa Parks laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda in 2005.

I believe that Ms.  Parks was female.

Thus, the media liars are technically correct, just misleading.

Ah, but the professional liars never lie, they simply misspeak.

:shocked:

Gosh, they've never done that before.

 

:goodpost:

Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tous said:

Perhaps she will be the first woman thus honored in the National Statuary Hall, but I recall, and confirmed, that Rosa Parks laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda in 2005.

The poor woman was truly tired and didn't want to move. 

When asked to give up her seat to a man (who should have given it to her)...she responded with...

And i was floored to learn this....

She said, "Naahh...."

As slang for no i don't think so.

:faint:

Such a perfect way to respond.  She had enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lived in those times.

The Rosa Parks incident was in 1955, I believe, so I was only a wee lad, but I remember hearing of the Woolworth's lunch counter incident on the nightly news and though I was only ten tears old, it made no sense to me.

Keep in mind that as my father worked for the Department of the Army, we moved a lot.  In 1955 we would have been living in Bountiful, Utah and in 1960, Scottsdale, Arizona.

My parents were raised in the UP of Michigan, so the family didn't encounter Africans often.

But, I understood discrimination.  The reason we moved from Utah was that we were not LDS and as my sister and I were getting older, we were reminded daily when our friends went off to do some activity that we could not attend.

We didn't burn down Salt Lake City.  We just accepted that that was the way things were and went on with life.

In Arizona, I went to school with Native Americans (they were Indians then) and Mexicans and they were welcome in our house just as I was welcome in theirs.

I just don't think it ever occurred to us to divide up humanity by skin color, language or religion.  That wasn't a thing my parents believed.  My father told  me, many time, everyone deserves respect until they prove that they don't.

Now, smarter folk than me will just declare that we were ignorant children and didn't know how important racial, cultural and religious  identity was.

Now at seventy plus years, I still have that childish ignorance about the subject and likely won't get any smarter in my final years of life.

Thinking back on Rosa Parks and the students in the Woolworth's lunch counter, I still say, Good for them.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tous said:

Thinking back on Rosa Parks and the students in the Woolworth's lunch counter, I still say, Good for them.

and who could have Imagined then in less then 50 Years the US would overwhelmingly Vote a Black Man into the White House, Twice.

i always respected Rosa Parks not for not getting up because her feet were sore, but because she didn't see a good reason to get up for someone else.

Rosa did more good sitting for 30 Seconds then R.B.G. did sitting for 13 years.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

and who could have Imagined then in less then 50 Years the US would overwhelmingly Vote a Black Man into the White House, Twice.

i always respected Rosa Parks not for not getting up because her feet were sore, but because she didn't see a good reason to get up for someone else.

Rosa did more good sitting for 30 Seconds then R.B.G. did sitting for 13 years.

 

Let’s integrate the K-12 schools. Even if we have to massively bus students hither and yon. Let’s integrate at least the tax-funded colleges and universities. 

OK...

Now, 50 years later, some vocal black people want their own dorms and student centers and national anthem. I suppose next will be separate water fountains and movie theaters...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Let’s integrate the K-12 schools. Even if we have to massively bus students hither and yon. Let’s integrate at least the tax-funded colleges and universities. 

OK...

Now, 50 years later, some vocal black people want their own dorms and student centers and national anthem. I suppose next will be separate water fountains and movie theaters...

unlike Kamala i actually was one of those kids Refusing to be Bused to School to make Racist White Liberals Happy....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Let’s integrate the K-12 schools. Even if we have to massively bus students hither and yon. Let’s integrate at least the tax-funded colleges and universities. 

OK...

Now, 50 years later, some vocal black people want their own dorms and student centers and national anthem. I suppose next will be separate water fountains and movie theaters...

When I attended the University of Missouri beginning in 1968, a portion of my student activity fee went to the Black Student Union.

An organization that I was forbidden to join, but required to pay for,

 

For you young'uns, the current Marxist violence is not new.  We saw it all in the 1960s, except the American soldier was the designated victim, not law enforcement.

The current crop of Antifa and BLM criminals have yet to blow up buildings, though I suggest that isn't for lack of desire; they just aren't smart enough to steal explosives like the Weathermen were.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...