R.B.G. is D.O.A.

holyjohnson

So, Associate Justice Ginsberg will lie in state in the United States Capitol, a signal honor, yet one denied to her colleague Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.

Thus, it appears that only Marxists and their minions have leave to use the Capitol Building.

:miff:

It is not correct when the media claims that Associate Justice Ginsberg will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol building.

Perhaps she will be the first woman thus honored in the National Statuary Hall, but I recall, and confirmed, that Rosa Parks laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda in 2005.

I believe that Ms.  Parks was female.

Thus, the media liars are technically correct, just misleading.

Ah, but the professional liars never lie, they simply misspeak.

:shocked:

Gosh, they've never done that before.

Edited by tous
more stuff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, tous said:

So, Associate Justice Ginsberg will lie in state in the United States Capitol, a signal honor, yet one denied to her colleague Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.

Thus, it appears that only Marxists and their minions have leave to use the Capitol Building.

It is not correct when the media claims that Associate Justice Ginsberg will be the first woman to lie in state in the Capitol building.

Perhaps she will be the first woman thus honored in the National Statuary Hall, but I recall, and confirmed, that Rosa Parks laid in state in the Capitol Rotunda in 2005.

:goodpost:

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 7:10 AM, Historian said:

Romney just pledged he'd vote for the replacement!

Well he might be a slightly better POS than McCain. Maybe his Utah LDS constituents gave him a blast of ****? I lived there for 8 years and there were definitely more conservative Mormons than liberal ones but a fair number of those were conservative lite and fine with Orrin :ack2: Hatch. My own brother was all in for Romney early in 2012, I suspect because of the church but when I asked him he denied that was the reason. 

• Like 2

Just now, 26isbest said:

Well he might be a slightly better POS than McCain. Maybe his Utah LDS constituents gave him a blast of ****? I lived there for 8 years and there were definitely more conservative Mormons than liberal ones but a fair number of those were conservative lite and fine with Orrin :ack2: Hatch. My own brother was all in for Romney early in 2012, I suspect because of the church but when I asked him he denied that was the reason. 

I briefly dated a Mormon girl in college.  Lovely person.  Very pretty blonde.  Her family was VERY conservative.   

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 7:02 AM, Historian said:

This is unreal.  She reversed.

Alaska’s Sen. Murkowski says she can’t rule out voting for Trump’s Supreme Court pick

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/09/22/alaskas-sen-murkowski-says-she-cant-rule-out-voting-for-trumps-supreme-court-pick/

Sounds like double-talk to me, like she's trying to have it both ways.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tous said:

:goodpost:

Thank You!

18 hours ago, tous said:

The poor woman was truly tired and didn't want to move. 

When asked to give up her seat to a man (who should have given it to her)...she responded with...

And i was floored to learn this....

She said, "Naahh...."

As slang for no i don't think so.

:faint:

Such a perfect way to respond.  She had enough.

• Like 2

I lived in those times.

The Rosa Parks incident was in 1955, I believe, so I was only a wee lad, but I remember hearing of the Woolworth's lunch counter incident on the nightly news and though I was only ten tears old, it made no sense to me.

Keep in mind that as my father worked for the Department of the Army, we moved a lot.  In 1955 we would have been living in Bountiful, Utah and in 1960, Scottsdale, Arizona.

My parents were raised in the UP of Michigan, so the family didn't encounter Africans often.

But, I understood discrimination.  The reason we moved from Utah was that we were not LDS and as my sister and I were getting older, we were reminded daily when our friends went off to do some activity that we could not attend.

We didn't burn down Salt Lake City.  We just accepted that that was the way things were and went on with life.

In Arizona, I went to school with Native Americans (they were Indians then) and Mexicans and they were welcome in our house just as I was welcome in theirs.

I just don't think it ever occurred to us to divide up humanity by skin color, language or religion.  That wasn't a thing my parents believed.  My father told  me, many time, everyone deserves respect until they prove that they don't.

Now, smarter folk than me will just declare that we were ignorant children and didn't know how important racial, cultural and religious  identity was.

Now at seventy plus years, I still have that childish ignorance about the subject and likely won't get any smarter in my final years of life.

Thinking back on Rosa Parks and the students in the Woolworth's lunch counter, I still say, Good for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tous said:

Thinking back on Rosa Parks and the students in the Woolworth's lunch counter, I still say, Good for them.

and who could have Imagined then in less then 50 Years the US would overwhelmingly Vote a Black Man into the White House, Twice.

i always respected Rosa Parks not for not getting up because her feet were sore, but because she didn't see a good reason to get up for someone else.

Rosa did more good sitting for 30 Seconds then R.B.G. did sitting for 13 years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

and who could have Imagined then in less then 50 Years the US would overwhelmingly Vote a Black Man into the White House, Twice.

i always respected Rosa Parks not for not getting up because her feet were sore, but because she didn't see a good reason to get up for someone else.

Rosa did more good sitting for 30 Seconds then R.B.G. did sitting for 13 years.

Let’s integrate the K-12 schools. Even if we have to massively bus students hither and yon. Let’s integrate at least the tax-funded colleges and universities. 

OK...

Now, 50 years later, some vocal black people want their own dorms and student centers and national anthem. I suppose next will be separate water fountains and movie theaters...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

Let’s integrate the K-12 schools. Even if we have to massively bus students hither and yon. Let’s integrate at least the tax-funded colleges and universities. 

OK...

Now, 50 years later, some vocal black people want their own dorms and student centers and national anthem. I suppose next will be separate water fountains and movie theaters...

unlike Kamala i actually was one of those kids Refusing to be Bused to School to make Racist White Liberals Happy....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, railfancwb said:

OK...

When I attended the University of Missouri beginning in 1968, a portion of my student activity fee went to the Black Student Union.

An organization that I was forbidden to join, but required to pay for,

For you young'uns, the current Marxist violence is not new.  We saw it all in the 1960s, except the American soldier was the designated victim, not law enforcement.

The current crop of Antifa and BLM criminals have yet to blow up buildings, though I suggest that isn't for lack of desire; they just aren't smart enough to steal explosives like the Weathermen were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1