DrB

Surgery is done and I am home from the hospital.

3 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Every time I think about surgery I hear Jimmy Buffet's "Miss You So Badly" in the back of my mind...

It didn't help when my urologist's surgery scheduling nurse told me she had to round up a surgeon to assist, and she'd get back to me. I had visions of her driving through the Home Depot parking lot.

She found one in the plumbing department.

• Haha 5

Dog home late yesterday.  She was happy to see me for about 5 minutes. Then off she went in the house to check to see if everything hers was still there and in its proper place.  Off outside to see if all was ok out there.  Finally back inside to see me..  That night I don't think she slept more than 2 inches away from me.  Glad she is back home...  Dave..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, DrB said:

Dog home late yesterday.  She was happy to see me for about 5 minutes. Then off she went in the house to check to see if everything hers was still there and in its proper place.  Off outside to see if all was ok out there.  Finally back inside to see me..  That night I don't think she slept more than 2 inches away from me.  Glad she is back home...  Dave..

Every night I go to sleep I miss having mine right up against me pushing me out of bed!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, DrB said:

Sure,  What you have? a couple of gun safes that need to be moved up a few flights of stairs?  No problem.  You need my truck also?  Dave.. 

Hey, I have my own truck!  😏

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, blueiron said:

Hey, I have my own truck!  😏

Whats the GVWR. rating?  After all what would be the fun unless we grossly overrated it.  I have a couple of high lift jacks that I think still work if we get a flat or break a spring. along the way.  Any flooded roads we could drive through along the trip?  That would help cool the transmission and brakes a little.    Dave.

• Haha 1

Dang...  Did I ever have a set back.  A little anemic but everything else seems to be coming back into the low range of normal so I'm still alive.  Doing pretty good with the walking stuff though.  Dave

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Eat some liver & onions, Dave. I've been sensitive to cold since surgery and my doc said it was probably due to anemia, which is common post-surgery. Mrs. G is visiting friends for a couple of days so I think I'm gonna spring for a big steak tomorrow night.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Eat some liver & onions, Dave. I've been sensitive to cold since surgery and my doc said it was probably due to anemia, which is common post-surgery. Mrs. G is visiting friends for a couple of days so I think I'm gonna spring for a big steak tomorrow night.

They have me on Ferrous Sulfate.  That stuff tastes terrible.  I might as well go down to the steel mill and get a jar of iron ore from the pile.  Probably would taste better.  At least my blood pressure is up, my heart rate down and bol all is more normal for the last few days.  Dave..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DrB said:

They have me on Ferrous Sulfate.  That stuff tastes terrible.  I might as well go down to the steel mill and get a jar of iron ore from the pile.  Probably would taste better.  At least my blood pressure is up, my heart rate down and bol all is more normal for the last few days.  Dave..

That stuff is nasty tasting.  Sending you healing thoughts, DrB!

• Thanks 2

On 9/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, DrB said:

I hated to be parted from my dog, damn near as much as I hated to be parted from my wife.  Some things in life are worth clinging to.

• Like 1