Loaning cash to your firends

14 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Why is it you loan your beggar buddies some cash and it always gets paid back in small bills? Never fails. Hand someone 100 dollar bills when they're in need, and when they finally (if ever) pay you back, it's in 5's 10' and 20's. What are you pal? A drug dealer?

Rant over.

You get paid back?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

One sign of maturity is having at least one old-time good buddy who owes you a few bucks.

An old friend of mine really messed up once and needed his mortgage payment paid.

I bailed him:  His pay check came in two days after he paid his mortgage.  He took me to lunch and paid me back in cash about an hour after he picked up and deposited his pay check.

Hell of a fine man.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Historian said:

An old friend of mine really messed up once and needed his mortgage payment paid.

I bailed him:  His pay check came in two days after he paid his mortgage.  He took me to lunch and paid me back in cash about an hour after he picked up and deposited his pay check.

Hell of a fine man.  

Integrity is a fine trait in a person.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Historian said:

I have a feeling you'd do the same. Folks like that rarely need to borrow money and hate to when they need to. Many of us were raised to think being in debt was a sign of failure. Some were raised to think the dieing in debt was a sign of outsmarting the devil. It's one of life's mysteries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If you lend a friend $5 and never see them again it was probably worth it!" Old saying.

If someone asks me to lend them money, I lend them what I expect to never see again. That way no hard feelings and if I do (seldom) get paid back, it's that much better.

• Like 3

I always say the same thing
Do I look like a loan generating officer to you?
No?
I didn’t think so either, GTFOH
After very bad experiences about loaning money I just don’t do it, if is a REAL FRIEND in a real hard situation I’ll just give him the money and if he wants to pay it back is up to him, but I don’t loan money.
I’m the kind of person that if you owe me money and I find out you’re going out partying, traveling and flashing money around I start thinking stupid **** and I don’t need that in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had three friends that I would loan any amount,  for however long needed,  no handshake needed.

I'd give other friends $20,  that's it.  Sometimes got it back.

The same three were allowed to get into my garage, unannounced,  whenever they wanted and  take what they needed out of my toolboxes (I had the best tools).

And borrow my bikes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Why is it you loan your beggar buddies some cash and it always gets paid back in small bills? Never fails. Hand someone 100 dollar bills when they're in need, and when they finally (if ever) pay you back, it's in 5's 10' and 20's. What are you pal? A drug dealer?

Rant over.

If I got paid back in small bills it would indicate to me that the person was making a concerted effort to gather up enough money to pay me back in full.

Maybe they had to put the full amount together bit by bit.  I may be mistaken but I would interpret it as a real effort to repay my kindness on their part.

If I were paid back in large bills, it would indicate to me that the payback was easy and convenient for that party.

• Like 2