Lancaster protester’s dad calls $1 million bail ‘vindictive’

pipedreams

Daddies little girl was bad ............

"Chip Patterson said it’s clear that authorities are trying to send a message to protesters like his daughter, Kathryn, who was among 13 people busted around 3 a.m. Monday on a slew of charges related to riots outside the Lancaster police station.

“[I’m] completely floored. It’s really just vindictive,” Chip told The Post. “You want to have faith in the system because it’s the only one we have and then you experience this. I understand why my daughter would protest in the first place.”

But he later conceded, “I understand the police building itself was damaged and it was a nasty scene. I don’t blame them for taking action.”

Bail was set for Kathryn and her alleged cohorts at $1 million. They’ve remained locked up at the Lancaster County Prison, from where she phoned her dad Tuesday night."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/father-of-lancaster-protester-calls-1-million-bail-vindictive/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wah. I bet she never riots again.

Us smart people, whose parents whipped our asses when we were young, know better. This dad is paying for a lesson he shoulda given many years ago.

I know if I called my Mama and said I needed 100k for bail because I was rioting, she would let me ROT in there. And I have no hard feelings toward her, for knowing that.

It's nice to see a Judge with a set of balls. This catch and release bullshit has gone on for far too long, to the point that if DRASTIC things happened to certain judges and DAs, I wouldn't be surprised or saddened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pipedreams said:

"Chip Patterson said it’s clear that authorities are trying to send a message to protesters like his daughter, Kathryn, who was among 13 people busted around 3 a.m. Monday on a slew of charges related to riots outside the Lancaster police station.

“[I’m] completely floored. It’s really just vindictive,” Chip told The Post. “You want to have faith in the system because it’s the only one we have and then you experience this. I understand why my daughter would protest in the first place.”

But he later conceded, “I understand the police building itself was damaged and it was a nasty scene. I don’t blame them for taking action.”

Bail was set for Kathryn and her alleged cohorts at $1 million. They’ve remained locked up at the Lancaster County Prison, from where she phoned her dad Tuesday night."

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/father-of-lancaster-protester-calls-1-million-bail-vindictive/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The first and foremost lesson in life is that Actions have Consequences.

This is supposed to be learned at an early age, but we are always running into "adults" that still don't understand it.  Whiners!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

You don't have to blame them.

The arresting officers will take care of that and the court system will do something you have never done.

Give your daughter rules to live by that discourage wearing orange as the new black.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Historian said:

You don't have to blame them.

The arresting officers will take care of that and the court system will do something you have never done.

Give your daughter rules to live by that discourage wearing orange as the new black.

I told my single mom neighbor that her son is big enough to take on some responsibility.

She said he always has some excuse, or wants to do something else!

I told her, "Tell him to do things!".  DON'T ASK HIM!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I told my single mom neighbor that her son is big enough to take on some responsibility.

She said he always has some excuse, or wants to do something else!

I told her, "Tell him to do things!".  DON'T ASK HIM!

Set the rules early and stick with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

Please don't fall into the progressive language trap.  Your title thread should say "Lancaster RIOTER'S dad calls.....  

The same thing happens with all the stupid "Gun Violence" headlines.  "Historic levels of 'gun violence' in city x."  This is how liberals/progressive's try to frame the argument.  This girl was not a protestor, she was a rioter and should be called that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1