Al Czervik

Excessive libation foods

Let's say you enjoy adult libations.  Furthermore, maybe you may have had more than a generally accepted responsible amount and have the hangry.  What is your preferred munchable substance?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

Let's say you enjoy adult libations.  Furthermore, maybe you may have had more than a generally accepted responsible amount and have the hangry.  What is your preferred munchable substance?

Denny's breakfast. That is the only scenario where I would seek it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Check out at least the first of the video. They show the lasagna after it is finished. I am salivating like a damned hound dog. That stuff looks good!

Agree with the something greeeezy from Denny's or cold pizza if ya got it. Definitely something with a combo of bready carbs and fats.

• Like 2

When the panic started,  and I actually had to food-shop,  I've been getting these carrot cakes from walmart. 

All you need is a fork.

They weigh, like, four pounds.

When I was in the navy, stationed on the USS Enterprise homeported in Alameda CA, no drunken liberty ashore was complete without stopping by the Doggie Diner on Webster Street for a hot pastrami sandwich before crawling back to the ship. Now the Enterprise, NAS Alameda, and Doggie Diner are all gone, I'm long retired, and do all my drinking at home.  So my go to food when drunk is Papa John's delivery pizza.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Cheygriz said:

To hell with water.  Lotsa ice cold milk!

Yes!

Ice cold whole milk.

By the gallon.

With vodka in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Eric said:

Check out at least the first of the video. They show the lasagna after it is finished. I am salivating like a damned hound dog. That stuff looks good!

A great Lasagna will stand high and proud after you cut out the first piece!

Runny Lasagna isn't Lasagna!

13 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

The only time I ever got the munchies from venturing into an altered state was from smoking herb, not drinking booze which was primarily my drug of choice for the longest period of time. But as far as a next day cure for a hangover, just plenty of aspirin, and some hair of the dog and maybe something easy on the stomach like a toasted cheese sandwich.

One drink that was very  good for a hangover, if you could find a bar that knew how to make it, was a  Ramos Gin Fizz with egg white.

Ramos Gin Fizz

Ingredients. 2 ounces gin. 1/2 ounce heavy cream. 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed. 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice, freshly squeezed. 3/4 ounce simple syrup. 3 dashes orange flower water. 1 fresh egg white. Club soda, to top.

If yer gonna use alcohol, try a shot of everclear in a glass of V-8. With a dash of "Chesty." (Worcestershire sauce)

Tres Leches cake from the DIL's bakery.

Eating is my hobby, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

When enjoying an adult beverage, I prefer not to eat with it, because I'll over do both.

Edited by LostinTexas

2 hours ago, LostinTexas said:

Tres Leches cake from the DIL's bakery.

Eating is my hobby, so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

When enjoying an adult beverage, I prefer not to eat with it, because I'll over do both.

I love a good SUPER SPICY Guac dip and corn chips with a bottle of Mescal and a few limes.

Cheesecake.  Any flavor except pumpkin.  Pumpkin cheesecake is only good by itself, not good with alcohol.

the answer is: Pancakes..

Denny`s.

Howard Johnson`s.

IHOP.

Waffle House.

Local Greasy Spoon.

back in my Professional Drinking Days i would Premake my Pancakes and not have to go out so i had more time to Drink.

14 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

the answer is: Pancakes..

Denny`s.

Howard Johnson`s.

IHOP.

Waffle House.

Local Greasy Spoon.

back in my Professional Drinking Days i would Premake my Pancakes and not have to go out so i had more time to Drink.

FCUKING YES!!!!!!

AND...BACON and SAUSAGE!!!  This thread is now closed.:anim_lol::anim_lol::goodpost:

• Haha 1

When I was younger, CFS ruled the day.  That's right, chicken fried steak, of course it comes with eggs, hash, and gravy.  Add some tabasco, and you were good to go.

These days, I want spicy noodles or tacos.

• Like 2