Sign in to follow this  
TXUSMC

There is no such thing as enough...

Happened upon a thread on another site about a guy asking about putting a compensator on a Glock 43X. This was not long after I read about someone else complaining that the 43 and the 43X had no rail for a light. And then there's the guys who want a name-your-number round magazine for the 43X, because by God, 10 rounds just won't cut it.

People... it's a short barreled, single stack CCW handgun, not a pocket gun, but a very easily concealable handgun. Want the capabilities for a duty gun? Buy a Glock 17. 

For the better part of a century, maybe longer, Americans made due with 6 shot revolvers and a semi-auto pistol which had a 7 round magazine. During that period, we used those handguns to kill a helluva lotta Native Americans, Mexicans, Cubans, Spaniards, Chinese Boxers, Germans, Japanese, Italians,  North Koreans, Red Chinese, and North Vietnamese, and assorted guerrillas from Haiti, Nicaragua,  the Philippines,  the Dominican Republic, and God knows where else. We won the Cold War while carrying those handguns. Built the Panama Canal. Put a man on the moon (so many times we got bored doing it). Hell, we killed a whole bunch of our own, in that Blue vs. Gray fight. Not to mention Mafiosos, gangsters, and various and assorted other criminals. No zombies have been killed... none.

While modern technology has given us handguns with greater magazine capacity and an endless number of accessories, nobody should feel undergunned with any of today's choices. Outside of a war zone, where a handgun is considered a sidearm, you just don't often (ever?) read about anybody-- especially a citizen legally carrying a concealed weapon--  running out of ammo in a gunfight. If you happen to get into a gunfight, statistics (from the FBI) indicate that you and the bad guy will fire an average of 3-5 rounds... total. 

Yet, our obsession with magazine capacity continues unabated. I guess it's good we have options. My $.02.

Edited by TXUSMC
punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TXUSMC said:

Happened upon a thread on another site about a guy asking about putting a compensator on a Glock 43X. This was not long after I read about someone else complaining that the 43 and the 43X had no rail for a light. And then there's the guys who want a name-your-number round magazine for the 43X, because by God, 10 rounds just won't cut it.

People... it's a short barreled, single stack CCW handgun, not a pocket gun, but a very easily concealable handgun. Want the capabilities for a duty gun? Buy a Glock 17. 

For the better part of a century, maybe longer, Americans made due with 6 shot revolvers and a semi-auto pistol which had a 7 round magazine. During that period, we used those handguns to kill a helluva lotta Native Americans, Mexicans, Cubans, Spaniards, Chinese Boxers, Germans, Japanese, Italians,  North Koreans, Red Chinese, and North Vietnamese, and assorted guerrillas from Haiti, Nicaragua,  the Philippines,  the Dominican Republic, and God knows where else. We won the Cold War while carrying those handguns. Built the Panama Canal. Put a man on the moon (so many times we got bored doing it). Hell, we killed a whole bunch of our own, in that Blue vs. Gray fight. Not to mention Mafiosos, gangsters, and various and assorted other criminals. No zombies have been killed... none.

While modern technology has given us handguns with greater magazine capacity and an endless number of accessories, nobody should feel undergunned with any of today's choices. Outside of a war zone, where a handgun is considered a sidearm, you just don't often (ever?) read about anybody-- especially a citizen legally carrying a concealed weapon--  running out of ammo in a gunfight. If you happen to get into a gunfight, statistics (from the FBI) indicate that you and the bad guy will fire an average of 3-5 rounds... total. 

Yet, our obsession with magazine capacity continues unabated. I guess it's good we have options. My $.02.

I carry with a reasonable...21 rounds of .45. 2 mags.  Any situation I am involved in, will be me, hopefully, neutralizing any immediate threat and retreating...

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

I carry with a reasonable...21 rounds of .45. 2 mags.  Any situation I am involved in, will be me, hopefully, neutralizing any immediate threat and retreating...

I try to carry what I perceive I may be threatened by.

Today's threat are numbers.  Yesterday's threat are what you carried also.

• Like 1

When i'm not at work:  Most of the time a five shot .357 magnum.

10 rounds of spare ammunition.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2