Wall Street Bombing

Eric

• Administrators

This happened 100 years ago today.

The Wall Street bombing occurred at 12:01 pm on Thursday, September 16, 1920, in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City. The blast killed thirty people immediately, and another ten died later of wounds sustained in the blast. There were 143 seriously injured, and the total number of injured was in the hundreds.[2]:160–61[3]

The bombing was never solved, although investigators and historians believe it was carried out by Galleanists (Italian anarchists), a group responsible for a series of bombings the previous year. The attack was related to postwar social unrest, labor struggles, and anti-capitalist agitation in the United States.

The Wall Street bomb killed more people than the 1910 bombing of the Los Angeles Times, which was the deadliest act of terrorism on U.S. soil up to that point.[a] The death toll was exceeded in the Tulsa race massacre in 1921.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_bombing

3170DD71-3B66-4BCD-9867-8109AAF3ACDE.thumb.jpeg.76e4aa47955d9d547187add3a6e17043.jpeg

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Historian said:

There is one man, who appears, to not have a hat.

Following the railing by the stairs downwards.     About one inch (in the photo) to the left of the sidewalk....is a man with no hat.

He may be the bomber. Or simple.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Historian said:

Part of a forward team....from England?

The Blinders did end up setting up an operation in New York. I just don’t remember when it happened. They did enjoy blowing stuff up too, but that bombing sounds more like the work of their sister’s lot. ******* commies. 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Historian said:

The above suspect in Eric's previous post was known as Calvin Klein...but in reality was Mr. Michael J. Fox.

That’s Marty McFly. 

So was this, for the three weeks or so of production.

1D86FD51-5245-441A-A70F-F7B14438E298.jpeg.93406dbcb07b2209248592092d2e5536.jpeg

No hats. Highly suspicious. 

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Historian said:

Mr. McFly was thought to be Calvin Klien by his mother.   She noticed the band name on his underware and thought it was his name.

Yep. I’ve seen that movie about a hundred times. When I was a teen and cable TV w/ HBO was still a relative novelty for the masses,  how many times you had seen a movie was something of a bragging right among my peers. 

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Historian said:

Mr. McFly was thought to be Calvin Klien by his mother.   She noticed the band name on his underware and thought it was his name.

BTW, have you seen any of the videos from the production of Back To The Future with Eric Stoltz playing Marty. It is weird and the guy isn’t particularly comedic. I guess that is why he got canned. The movie would have tanked if they hadn’t made the change. 

22 minutes ago, Eric said:

BTW, have you seen any of the videos from the production of Back To The Future with Eric Stoltz playing Marty. It is weird and the guy isn’t particularly comedic. I guess that is why he got canned. The movie would have tanked if they hadn’t made the change. 

I have actually....not seen this movie, Eric.

Cable?  I first got cable when moved on college campus and basic cable was free.   When i moved out after the first semester I did not get cable for my apartment.

It wasn't until I married the future Mrs. Historian 18 years ago that I had cable.

So...i missed out on a lot of television/movie watching.

I grew up as a cowboy, as in bucked off my first horse at 3 years old, punched cows, rode bulls, broncs, roped etc., on a real ranch.  We had real hats for utilitarian reasons.  I was partial to Resistol straw, and Billy Kidd Stetsons, just 'cause they looked good on me.  I never could understand city folk wearing hats just to wear a hat.

Of course now, with the advent of the Yellowstone TV show, you may wait a LONG time, but Greeley Hatworks makes some great stuff.