Jump to content
kerbie18

Police I now have LAZER goggles

Recommended Posts

Just your friendly and somewhat lazy police officer checking in here. I'm still doing my job and answering 911 calls.

I just got issued special Lazer proof goggles. I guess this is in response to other officers who got permanently blinded by lazers in other cities.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Just your friendly and somewhat lazy police officer checking in here. I'm still doing my job and answering 911 calls.

I just got issued special Lazer proof goggles. I guess this is in response to other officers who got permanently blinded by lazers in other cities.

Be careful.  I worked with lasers in physics research for many years, they're wavelength specific.  Meaning protection for one wavelength (color) laser doesn't work for another wavelength (color).

If you are protected for Red lasers, don't count on protection for Green or Violet!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Just your friendly and somewhat lazy police officer checking in here. I'm still doing my job and answering 911 calls.

I just got issued special Lazer proof goggles. I guess this is in response to other officers who got permanently blinded by lazers in other cities.

Glad to hear that, being Blinded would suck.

it concerns me the use of Lasers on Law Enforcement.

for me its a Deadly Threat.

but For Law Enforcement its somehow not.

either way glad your Peepers are Protected.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, janice6 said:

Be careful.  I worked with lasers in physics research for many years, they're wavelength specific.  Meaning protection for one wavelength (color) laser doesn't work for another wavelength (color).

If you are protected for Red lasers, don't count on protection for Green or Violet!!!

Very true,

Our fancy new goggles are intended to protect officers in the green range of light. The green spectrum is what really hurt, likely permanently, several officers.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

Just your friendly and somewhat lazy police officer checking in here. I'm still doing my job and answering 911 calls.

I just got issued special Lazer proof goggles. I guess this is in response to other officers who got permanently blinded by lazers in other cities.

That's very cool sir.  Sorry it's come to this type of Siht for you gentlemen.  Seriously, don't get me started...  God Bless the...Thin Blue Line.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kerbie18 said:

I'm still doing my job and answering 911 calls.

Be careful my brother.  I am very proud of the service you provide these days.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kerbie18 said:

Very true,

Our fancy new goggles are intended to protect officers in the green range of light. The green spectrum is what really hurt, likely permanently, several officers.

Yeah.  Green is right in the best part of the spectrum for eyes.  It's all absorbed by the retina.  Be careful out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

Glad to hear that, being Blinded would suck.

it concerns me the use of Lasers on Law Enforcement.

for me its a Deadly Threat.

but For Law Enforcement its somehow not.

either way glad your Peepers are Protected.

Yeah, somehow lasers are dangerous for pilots but not for law enforcement,  What BS.

We had full and comprehensive eye exams every year to check for damage.

No one was hurt, but the black vinyl covered sheet rock wall in the "dark room" had some pretty impressive 1/4 to 3/8 inch deep holes from the pulsed laser.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janice6 said:

Yeah, somehow lasers are dangerous for pilots but not for law enforcement,  What BS.

We had full and comprehensive eye exams every year to check for damage.

No one was hurt, but the black vinyl covered sheet rock wall in the "dark room" had some pretty impressive 1/4 to 3/8 inch deep holes from the pulsed laser.

Maybe you guys should stand closer to the target.

 

Just sayin'.

:whistling:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, willie-pete said:

Maybe you guys should stand closer to the target.

 

Just sayin'.

:whistling:

When making minor adjustments to the optics, a reflection is quite possible.  And frankly, knowing your out of the way it isn't as big a deal as you'd think.

It's like everything else, you be as careful as you can but keep the muzzle pointed somewhere else!

We had one Physicist that was proud of a particular tie.

It had holes melted through it in many places.  When he'd make an optics adjustment and lean over the optical bench, the tie would fall out into the beam.  

They were a fun group!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you guys got some protection. Couple years back, I thought about getting a laser to add to my stack of preps, for non-lethal debilitation of whoever needed same. Needless to say, I was angered and intrigued when I saw them being used by rioters on cops. I say use lasers back on the crowd.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

I got Beer Goggles. They aren't working. Those 2:00 Queens are still fugly.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah be careful , lasers now are to easy to get and way to strong for some .  my wife got hit with one right in the ass at walmart  several years ago .some perv  it burnt thru her blue jeans and gave her a third degree burn  .    i was over around the corner maybe 4 rows away ,  he ran some dude took off with me and tackled him right inside sliding door . 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASH said:

yeah be careful , lasers now are to easy to get and way to strong for some .  my wife got hit with one right in the ass at walmart  several years ago .some perv  it burnt thru her blue jeans and gave her a third degree burn  .    i was over around the corner maybe 4 rows away ,  he ran some dude took off with me and tackled him right inside sliding door . 

that person needs a Mental Evaluation.

what a Friggin Weird thing to do.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

that person needs a ASS WHOOPIN.

what a Friggin Weird thing to do.

Fixed it for ya.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he definately  got jacked up  , the dude who got to him first took him right into the gumball machines  then i piled  on  i was late as im old bastard lol  ,  this walmart has a little police sub station in it,  we had to go to court and all that  mfer got   3 months  and 3 years probation  .   come to find out it wasnt the first time he had done it to women .  scared the hell out of me .  she still has the scar . that walmart was in different town  and she has not been back  and said she was never going back . it really emotionally distressed her , it did me too  but i didnt show it   ,  could have have been an eye or both , or scar the face  etc  .   

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...