RussP

Cheygriz

1 hour ago, janice6 said:

All conversations have a pro and con side.  To eliminate one side means that your wasting your time.

Not always.

I have conversations with myself that are often the most productive and useful of the day.

Try not to argue with myself.  That's just odd.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

That was one of the reasons I am pretty much done there as well.  What was funny was I even made a post asking for the name of this site because I had forgot.  He deleted that post.  Guess he figured more might leave because of his crap.

I am only going back now just to look at the classifieds.  

Edited by Trench Sweeper
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He banned me in 3 or more incarnations over the years.  I started there way, way back in the day.  I don't generally think of myself as a very controversial/outlandish/ spewer of hate.

As I have previously stated, I ran into a guy working on hurricane clean up, who was wearing a "BANNED! by RUSSP!!!! shirt.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

• Administrators

Guys, I’ve left this thread open, but if it devolves into invective aimed at mods/members on GT, I’ll close. I have made my feelings pretty clear on this point, right from the start. We are better than that. Thanks. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I've been a mod at other places (not that other place) and it can be a tough row to hoe. RussP had to enforce the new owners' policies on a bunch of us who had been there for a long time and who chafed at them. At some point you have to drop the hammer. I can't say as I bear him any ill will, and I don't think he personally banned me, but it was inevitable considering the new overlords. Anyway, we all happy here now. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate Eric even more as I keep seeing GT get hacked and spammed and no one does anything for days. It has has not been a 1 time event but has happened several times in the recent past. I'm sure  Eric would work 24x7 to fix it and might even shut down to get rid of those items.

Edited by GT4494
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Calling out a troll as a troll is frowned upon there. 

Got the nastygram, told him what I thought about trolls, he proceeded tot tell me all the things he could do to may account. It told him to delete it and make sure is owners didn't make anything off of my account. The conversation ended then and there. I guess he wasn't as motivated as he seemed.

The account is still open. I went twice to see and wrote the admin to be removed. Still there.

Maybe I'll pop in and make sure they close the account,,,,,,,,,,no, I'll write letters, but there is someone here that did just that, although she doesn't seem to be around a lot.

• Like 2

Well I saw a thread that looked interesting.  Did what I guess you're suposed to do, start at #1.  

Read 9 frickin' pages and at the end I thought to ask a question -- yep, just got locked.  

Went to another thread to ask the question and RussP has failed to answer it -- oh well, no big loss, thee are other forums bigger & better.

• Thanks 1

I had a really good time over there.    I just felt things changed.

Always wondered if anyone ever noticed i left.

On the other hand...looking back in about every year and a half it was curious to see who was not as active.

And in some cases who had passed on.

Although i never met her, her life was like an open book to us, and i felt greatly saddened by the passing of Sharon.

Peeking back periodically, i can't help but wonder how things worked out for VR and his children.  I know his son took a commission in the military.   Sharon would have been very proud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i will say this much  i caught him in several lies ,  and i saved private messages  from convos  i had with him , the guy has a god complex and is a doushe bag .  thats all i got to say 

about it . hopefully  this thread will magically vanish  dont need to see any mention  of his existence lol  .  here whole lotta better .  hell prolly half the people here  got banned from that DB.

what is funny in my sig  that quote was a convo with boogeyman of other person  and boogey asked that question to Eric .  rare funny but you had to be here in the convo lol

Edited by ASH
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Eric locked this topic