Your wife's relatives

gwalchmai

1 minute ago, gwalchmai said:

Isn't life grand? When you think about how beautifully the tiny dust on a butterfly's wings can come together to create a unique combination of color and texture, doesn't it make you grateful for just being here to experience it?

And isn't a 10mm socket a cool thing?

How much was that stuff a Gram???  Sure sounds like it's GREAT Stuff!!!:anim_lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We have a, shall we say, dominant conversationalist. "How are you" is actually just a greeting, not a request to know the intimate details of your life, including your thoughts, since last we spoke. And if I should say something, such as "I had a rash" you don't really need to tell us about five other rashes you had, and how they were all worse than my rash. And conversations are NOT monologues. It's important for everyone to say a little. And the neighbors don't really need to hear. :supergrin:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

And the neighbors don't really need to hear. :supergrin:

Being the way I am,  I very much dislike loud people.

I frequently get scolded, and even yelled at,  for replying too softly to people that don't even deserve a response.  Go ahead and demand an answer...  my reply won't answer you,  if you even hear it at all.

So, holler again...   as I'm walking away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Mother In Law seemed to like me a lot!

So much so that one time my wife and I went to visit her parents and we were "fighting".

My wife walked in the door to her parents house bitching about me.

Her mother came up to her and said in a louder than usual tone,  "What did YOU do now!".

She liked me!  she always took my side of the argument.

I often wondered if she was afraid I might give her back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, willie-pete said:

My wife's two brothers SUED her.

She's not that bad; they are just a-holes.

Wife's brother stole money from her mother, when her mother was alone in her 80's, nearly blind, and on welfare.

Her mother depended on the brother to do errands for her cause she couldn't see to go anywhere herself.

He was despicable scum!

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

i got Lucky with my Wife`s Family.

My Mother in Law is one of my Best Friends.

My Father in Law and i get Along Great.

almost all of her Aunts and Uncles and Cousins and i get along.

Her Paternal Grandmother and i were Really Close and she Moved Closer to us and i was Glad to do anything she needed.

i got Lucky with her Family, but they Really got Lucky with me..

some of them don't like me, mostly because i`m Right and don`t take any nonsense from them.

as for 10MM Sockets, when they drop into the opening of the Engine Cradle a 3/8" can Often be a Useful Replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DWARREN123 said:

Only have a couple and they are in South Korea!

Wish i could say the same.

I'm actually married to the intifada.

I've never meet my father in law.  But he hates me.  After my late mother-in-law left him...he "disowned"  my future wife.  Causing all sorts of problems for her.

Many years later she became Catholic. 

And he commented about that change (via email).  She wasn't really a Muslim.  She didn't practice the faith.  She was...basically a God fearing person but not affiliated.

And then came me.

And as i understand it:   He got pissed.

And i...cared not one excrement.

I'll buy him a ticket home to Lebanon if he wants to go.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I dig my inlaws. They've always been good to me, and the MIL can COOK. My parents like the missus more than they like me. We've all gone on vacations together, and never a cross word in the bunch. Hell, I'm probably the grumpiest, most irritating one in the bunch. I don't know nothin bout no butterflies or 10mm sockets, though.

• Like 3

My late mother-in-law was a wonderful, special, modest person.   She was a hard working woman.

The last thing she said to me was, "take care of my daughter."

The reality is Mrs. Historian takes care of us. 

I could not have done better than her in life.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1