Who Still is Using a Plasma TV?

DrB

42" Panasonic. 

Ten years old.

-Had it in the living room back then; too much glare. It's been in the bedroom for the past eight or so years. -Mostly nighttime viewing.

The picture on the plasma is amazing, I still prefer it to the much larger Samsung LCD now in the living room, which is great in its own right.

The plasma is thicker, heavier, and (I suppose) it does run hotter. Though, that doesn't mean much to me.

It was a great technology. We'll miss ours when it's gone.

When you think about the 17" black and white, rabbit-eared, sitting on a rolling-cart thing I first remember... or the giant furniture/cabinet thing in the living room...

It's crazy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gooddog said:

42" Panasonic. 

Ten years old.

Panasonic's were the classic Plasma's of the era.  Mine is a 50" LG. in the living room  I have a Samsung Plasma in the upstairs bedroom.  Mine will just not die and I still love the deep blacks of the picture.  Black is black not sorta black..  Dave...

Agreed.

I have to think the longevity and enduring picture quality from this one is a combination of things:

As you say, they were well engineered and well built.

This one doesn't perform the majority of service here, hours-wise.

-And, and I think this may matter too, I use the "Movie" or "Natural" modes, rather than the super-blown-out bright "Vivid" modes they tend to set them on in the stores.

Still has a great picture, no burn in, no dead pixels, and black blacks. It was a good purchase.

Now, don't ask me about the Sony LCD we had before it,  that died in only two years. :angryfire: :anim_rofl2:

Edited by gooddog
  • Like 1

Have a couple desktop CRT units, one with VHS the other with DVD built in. Have a huge for the time CRT unit with many inputs and outputs. Don’t know that any of these still work.

Have a small desktop and a larger wall hung flat screen units. Don’t remember what they are; both over ten years old... 

Oh well...