The ZIPPO thread

8 hours ago, Duluth said:

Hey...I's still cool lighter. Keep it in the family.

The original insert may turn up someday packed away with some of the other stuff.  Hopefully...  In the meantime the two old ones are back in the safe.  I get them out the few times I need to dress to impress along with my Hamilton watch.  Can't afford Rolex..

Anyhow here are the other three bottoms.  I think I can come close on dates. The slim one on the top has two dots on the left and three dots on the right.  I think that makes it around 1960.  That would be correct age wise as it was Mom"s and I remember when she got it.

The second one down is my favorite old beat up one I have always had from my youth.  This one I do not know perhaps 40's-50's in that range.  I could very well be wrong.

The bottom one has two dots on the left and one dot on the right.  60's sometime?  That would be the time frame as I remember.

Please correct me if I am way off.  Thanks..Dave..

zippo3.jpg

Edited by DrB

Can only find these 3 right now.  Two from the Gulf War and One I had made by a guy at a Place called "Wicked Zippos" back in 2011.  Here's the write up on it.

Hot Caliber lighter by "Wicked Zippo". A recovered flattened bullet is cast in White Bronze and then soldered to the front of this solid brass ARMOR Zippo. This amazing Zippo also features a matching .45 caliber cartridge case on the lid and a .45 bullet lanyard. Each lighter is signed and numbered.

The Gulf war one Is still in the original display box.  The USS Dubuque, was given to me by a guy stationed on that ship.  The "Fake" Bic, is just a funny one I kept Of GHWB from the first gulf war.  Wish I knew where all my Dads old ones went.  He had some amazingly old ones. 

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1